Replace stock turbo with........?

SwingOp3

I'm looking for suggestions for an aftermarket turbo to replace my stock one. First, I guess, will it be worth it since I don't want to go the extra mile and get a higher stall converter? Right off it looks like the Precision 5831 MFS is the one. With what you see in my sig does this sound about right?

Thanks

I'm looking for suggestions for an aftermarket turbo to replace my stock one. First, I guess, will it be worth it since I don't want to go the extra mile and get a higher stall converter? Right off it looks like the Precision 5831 MFS is the one. With what you see in my sig does this sound about right?

Thanks

That's a TE44/TA49 equivalent and a good choice. You'll be good with that until you can tune it to run 30psi on alky or race gas. Stock longblock I assume? You have the right supporting mods. I have a cam but otherwise stock longblock and run times in my sig with a cast 5831 (TE44) so the MFS should run a little harder if you do run it all out:D.

Yes, stock longblock. I assume the 5831 will fit under the stock turbo shield and is a pure bolt-on. With Alky "on tap" is there any need to go to bigger injectors?

If you want a 100% bolt on you need a TA turbo. I can do just about any wheel combo you want. Cast or MFS wheels. You would need more injector of you plan on making solid 11 sec power. I would at least have my injectors cleaned

^^^^^what he said. You'll need more injector, even with alky, if you plan to push the turbo at all.

Okay, I'll get some 60 lb injectors and reburned TT chip but which TA turbo would be best? What is not bolt-on about a non TA turbo?

T04e60/t31 stage 3 (ta49) with Garrett ex housing. E cover turbos don't use an inlet bell and need a longer inlet pipe to have everything line up like stock and the wastegate actuator isn't a bolt on unless it's modified for the e cover. All else is the same

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply, Bison. Did I fail in my attempt to send you a pm last week?

Anything is possible. I get so many messages and i use the iOS app 99% of the time. The messages get to the 3rd or 4th page and I forget about them sometimes