You can type here any text you want

replaced head gaskets

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chops

Blew my head gaskets now my oil psi dropped time for a set of bearings it never fails!!!!

My oil psi dropped about 7 psi hot and won't go past 50psi at 2600rpm or more on the highway I always ran 20\50 and in the summer at 195deg my psi was at 22 today 50 deg and the car at 165deg my psi is at 18 so just imagine if it was summer time !! My oil psi would be at 10

could be oil breakdown or slight plugging of pickup. how do you know you blew gasket?

Buick pics 050.jpgBuick pics 049.jpgBuick pics 044.jpgbeen there....if it had not dropped too much I would say your fine....10psi at idle is plenty....as stated it may just be trash in the pick up. Were you running Felpro gaskets? Thats what I run and when I torched one earlier this year I pulled the engine and found a bunch of crap in the pickup. If the pickup is clean then you may have a cam bearing a lil hurt, I found 1 cam bearing that had debris go through it and one main bearing.

Well this is what I found the previous owner had installed a double roller and never removed the tensinor the teeensinor spring broke into my oil pan and all the rubber pieces were picked up on my oil pick up screen !!! Bearings are ok but am still replacing them I think I should fine again hopefully ill keep you guys posted am waiting for my set of bearings today!!!!!

Back