You can type here any text you want

Replacement Heater Core

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BoostedGMC

I just removed the old heater core and tried to reinstall a speatra Part # 94505 only to find out it is smaller the the original so it flops around inside the box. I called highway stars even before I ordered the spectra but they were out of stock of their heater cores.

So what do I do now? Anyone have a new oem heater core for sale? Or know of one that is the exact same size as the stock one?

Same thing happened to me. I just made some shims so it would fit and not move around. Works fine.

So it looks like I have to find a used core or wait until someone starts to make the reproduction brass cores again. Anyone have a good used brass core for sale?

I found a perfect brass replacement at NAPA a few years ago. I have a new aluminum one laying around somewhere too! :(

I saw that napa part on here the other day and went to buy one and it looks like they are now aluminum.

I talked with a NAPA person to look for a brass replacement.

If you don't find one, I might still have my original heater core in my spare parts box. I removed it a few years ago from my GN,
There was nothing wrong with it, I just replaced it with another brass one that I had brand new. I will look for you if you don't find anything.

Toby from Goodmark posts frequently. Pm him. His name is Toby_Goodmark

I found one on amazon and other sites which is an mtx brand, or metrix . It is almost identical to the stock core except it is 1/4" narrower that the original. This was sold as new but the core looks like it is just as used as the original. I think I will have to make this work until they start to remake the correct size replacements.

Attachments

• 20150910_181003.jpg
    20150910_181003.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Back