Reproduction GNX rear cover

I'll buy it,

I'll buy it... not greedy, just OCD, purchased everything for GNX Clone, then went drag racing and got that itch... instead of orginal GNX Suspension I went with HRpartsNstuff upper and lower control arms with HR super sway bar... so GNX cover for rear end would add the final touch... for my setup and parts...

hello people; I like it. That's the kinda guy I like. That cover should add to your ride and when it's on post a pic.
IBBY

hello people; Grumpy you should be a comidian. Not. But seriouslly let's here if you found any differances in driving the X to the GN or T's .
IBBY

I didn't care for the GNX ride with the rear set up . I like the Limited "T"'s the best !

Reproduction GNX Rear End Cover

Guess there's not too many of these that were sold and very few around, but I really like the way it looks! :)

dp

Attachments

• gnx diff cover 003.jpg
    gnx diff cover 003.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 540
  • GNXcover.jpg
    GNXcover.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 551
I know I'll ruffle a few feathers here but.....that kind of cash for a want be, copy cat cover. :rolleyes: I could see the value if if was an original X cover.

I know I'll ruffle a few feathers here but.....that kind of cash for a want be, copy cat cover. :rolleyes: I could see the value if if was an original X cover.

X2 I sold a used one a couple years ago for $150. :eek:

I've got a reproduction differential cover without the provision for the torque arm, I must have purchased it 12-15 years ago. Does anyone have any idea who has this part anymore? It's nearly identical to the factory cover except sans torque arm mount.

Thanks!

Joe

I made them for kirban back in the late 90's-------back then there was little interest and we sold very few-----i think the price then was perhaps 150??-----a bargain for how they looked and functioned-------gave you a fluid drain and held extra oil and provided additional cooling for the diff-------when we first started making them i had a lawyer do a trademark search on "GNX" and he gave me the ok since GM never filed for it properly (actually not at all)-----filing was apparently overlooked since the project was so rushed------withoug that ok I would never have made them or the complete reproduction GNX suspension that Kirban also sold--------after a few years of low sales we got a warning letter from GM saying the we decided to stop selling them because they claimed it was one of their trademarks--------it was just BS and if sales were better i would have fought it but it wasn't worth the time anyway due to poor sales---------funny how things are cause now that the cars are much more valuable I could sell a gaggle of them---------i get calls every week for both of them--------human nature------we always want what we can't have--------Now that GM is run by Obama I just might consider a redo ................RC

Richard, Are you really thinking about making these diff covers again? I am getting ready to buy a TA cover/girdle,but if you are going to make these.....i will hold off and wait:D. Thanks....Kurt

Richard, Are you really thinking about making these diff covers again? I am getting ready to buy a TA cover/girdle,but if you are going to make these.....i will hold off and wait:D. Thanks....Kurt

if you are building a 10sec or faster car you should get the TA since it reinforces the caps-------this is just really a "looker" for a street car------it was just a obvious thing to do-------when we were building the GNX suspensions several people asked to buy just the covers and wanted to machine the "ears" off-----i couldn't bring myself to do it-------they wanted the GNX look on the diff but didn't want to spend the price of the whole suspension-------we just made a seperate mold and used a more common grade of alloy since the GNX cover was made from an extremely expensive alloy-------i put these on quite a few of my personal cars-------sort of doubt i will make any more...........RC

if you are building a 10sec or faster car you should get the TA since it reinforces the caps-------this is just really a "looker" for a street car------it was just a obvious thing to do-------when we were building the GNX suspensions several people asked to buy just the covers and wanted to machine the "ears" off-----i couldn't bring myself to do it-------they wanted the GNX look on the diff but didn't want to spend the price of the whole suspension-------we just made a seperate mold and used a more common grade of alloy since the GNX cover was made from an extremely expensive alloy-------i put these on quite a few of my personal cars-------sort of doubt i will make any more...........RC
When this post started, I was ":D" thinking "YES!! I can get a GNX rear setup."

But by the end, I am back to ":frown:" again.

I would like to have one for a week make a mold out of fiber glass and then make a fiberglass cover that would fit over the TA cover so you would have the looks of the GNX cover but the function of the TA cover.

UPDATE: June 8, 2010, GNX Rear Cover Installed, Pics Here

Well, I came across the GNX rear diff cover thru this thread, thank you JamesTownGNX...
actual cost $500 GNX repro cover plus $40 shipping plus $60 install (synthetic lube) = $600.
what does it cost to build a GNX Clone??? lots of cash... time and patience!

not sure willing to spend $500 plus shipping plus installation
but "I did it" no gf, no wife, I paid the price... and here is the result... looks great!
now I can ride in comfort in my GNX CLONE, knowing it is there...
all that is left to do is paint, install vents and flares and acquire GNX SW Dash... and this GNX Clone is completed...
using a 1987 Hard top Buick Grand National purchased March 2008 with 88,000 miles and driven approx 7,000 miles per year driven from WI to KY to Maine and GA in 2009, 2010...

CURRENTLY 102,000 miles

HR Parts N Stuff: Dbl Adj. Upper Contol Arms, Lower Control Arms, Sway Bar
Plus 3" FMIC, 3" Downpipe w/adj boost, 3" SS Exhaust...

photos of before with stock cover and then with GNX rear cover & front view taken at Lambeau Field, Green Bay, Wisconsin - May 10, 2010...

Attachments

• DSC01049.jpg
    DSC01049.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC01068.jpg
    DSC01068.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC01071.jpg
    DSC01071.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC01073.jpg
    DSC01073.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC09980.jpg
    DSC09980.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 212
you got to admit--------they do look good--------the stock steel cover just doesn't have much looks appeal

you got to admit--------they do look good--------the stock steel cover just doesn't have much looks appeal

I don't know, but that sounds like a biased opinion :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

But, since I have one on my car too, (as well as a complete (repro.) GNX suspension on my project car), I must agree !! ;)

John :cool: