You can type here any text you want

Riced out Neon...WTF?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Snorman

Boosted.
I was out in the Regal on Sunday night putting some miles on the new tranny and convertor (Dynotech street/strip, 2800 lockup). I was on route 37, and came upon a riced out Neon. It had dual tailpipes, a big-ass wing….the typical stuff on it. We catch a light together, just he and I, no cars on my right or behind us. He was stopped already and I rolled up on his right side. He immediately begins to rev up his motor, and I hear him building revs when the cross light goes yellow. Our light turns, and he nails it. Maybe being a bit overconfident, I didn’t even footbrake the car at the line. I let him leave, then just punched it. He was already 2-3 cars out on me. By the time the Grey Brick shifted into 2nd, I was already at his door. Midway through 2nd, he was 2-3 cars back and fading fast.
I wonder sometimes what some of these kids are thinking? At least he gave the obligatory thumbs up at the next light. ;)
I also tried to goad an LS1 Z with a huge ricer wing into something, but he wasn’t biting.
S.

Yeah unfortunately neons are home grown sport compacts. They make me just as sick as the imports do. :rolleyes:

I had a 2002 Dodge neon and they are very nice economic cars. My mom was driving it while I was on vacation and someone hit her head on both of them were only going about 10mph. I think she said the other car was a Crown Victoria that had no damage but the Neon had a Huge dent in the drivers side fender and needed a new hood. When I got home and talked to the guys at the body shop and insurance company the car was totaled due to frame damage. It was 4,500 in damage and they were going to part the car out for another 6,000. They cut me a check that week. At least no one was hurt and I got what I bought the car for. But man I would hate to be one of those people that race around in one of those things going like 70 and get nailed it would be a mess I would't want to clean up.

Why are you ragging on him if he gave you a thumbs up? Sounds like he knew what a TR was and wanted to see you run. Sure he had a wing and dual exhaust, but maybe other stuff you didn't see?

hey snorman

where you from in Jersey?

I noticed the dynotech street/strip listed and immediately looked at the sig and saw you were in jersey

I am about 2 miles from dynotech in my little town of Raritan

Carl

Originally posted by Snorman
I was out in the Regal on Sunday night putting some miles on the new tranny and convertor (Dynotech street/strip, 2800 lockup). I was on route 37, and came upon a riced out Neon.
There's a big ricer shop on 37 near Hooper Ave where they all hang out. I had my truck windows tinted there with the added treat of seeing some of the characters mill about while I was waiting. I hope it's not a cross-section of the entire crowd because all I can say is: Put the bong away and step away from the Nintendo. :rolleyes:

I did, however, encounter a nasty 02 Z28 on 37W this fall. His Hoosier QPs stuffed under the jacked up back end, along with the "12.103" shoe polished on his window and free-flow exhaust told me he was for real. He didn't prep to launch so neither did I.....thankfully.

My daily driver is a 2001 Dodge Neon SE MTX. It's very economical and inexpensive to maintain. I started out wanting to make it quicker but then I bought the T-Type I'm restoring. The Neon stock is a pretty quick car in its class. I've embarrassed BMW Z3 2.5 and Audi A6 3.0's in it... Still, it aint no T-Type. At least he gave you a thumbs up, he probably figured that he was going to get hosed, just wanted to see you launch.

I still get a kick out of how I can get anything from a Mustang to a Corvette to tear off if I goose the throttle a bit.

Sam

Cleaner13,
I'm in Toms River, it's a bit of a haul from Raritan.

Ray F.,
There are quite a few nasty cars in TR. I'm not sure if you hang out with the local crowd, but if you don't, you should. A 12.1 car is fast, but it ain't fast enough to tangle with many of the cars around here. I haven't seen that Z, but I haven't been out much in the last few months. It was because of some of these local cars that I decided to step up the Mustang a bit.
S.

Originally posted by tekprodave
Yeah unfortunately neons are home grown sport compacts. They make me just as sick as the imports do. :rolleyes:

Amen.

I can't believe these a$$holes. Did he really give you the finger Snorman? I hate those idiots almost as much as Bin Laden.

Did you at least laugh your a$$ off at him or give him a thumbs down? :mad:

posted by Ken Mild
I can't believe these a$$holes. Did he really give you the finger Snorman? I hate those idiots almost as much as Bin Laden.

Did you at least laugh your a$$ off at him or give him a thumbs down?
No, he didn't. In fact, he gave me a thumbs up and shrugged at the next light. I did laugh my ass off. I'm sure I had a big sh*t-eating grin on my face when I stormed past him. ;)
S.

Neons

THe Neons are slow. but the SRT-4's coming out they give 4 bangers a chance on the road. 14.2's stock. they are pretty nice for a neon

i heard about those comin out if they were rear wheel drive they would be faster like all amirican can but there not... but 14.2s are pretty fast for a neon(4 banger)... :rolleyes:

I was at a stoplight in my girls Neon one time, it's an "expresso", with the big 2.2 ltr:p ,and Slim Shady pulls up next to me. He's seriously scoping it out! So he says, "whatcha got in that thing".:confused: BWAHAHAHA! Are you kidding me? You got to me kidding. "no, I heard those things are pretty quick". OMG.
SO, I say "two hamsters". Him, "no really". HEHE>>. Alright, 528 HEMI. HE was confused, never heard of it. These guys are retarded. If you want to be a car guy, know the heritage, and get some mechanical inclination with a side of common sense. I know mods is mods, and a hobby is a hobby, BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE CHICKEN SOUP OUT OF CHICKEN SH!T!!! :mad:

Im up in West Long Branch, and I know that 37 down by seaside and toms river is a rice eaters heaven if you got it. i know some ricers from long branch that hang there, but some of those guys are no joke. i have a friend with a civic(yes, that's right) that i believe is running 9's. granted he's in it for about 80k and he runs that with a bottle, but still. but anyway, i haven't made it down there yet. my friend has a blown 350 elcamino and every so often he gets a nice run down there. and watch out for dwayne guttridge's 8 sec turbo mustang.

80 large in a civic......................:rolleyes:
could probably make a sewing machine run 10's for that much.

Guess it isn't an economy car anymore.

Back