RJC 3" DP install

gusszgs

Hey Guy's, I'll be installing my 3'' RJC downpipe in the next little while and was wonding if the original "stock" DP can be removed with the cat still attached without a hoist? In other words can I get the car up high enough (with a floorjack and axle stands) to bring that puppy out. I'M a think'n not..:cool:

Yes<just get it as high as you can and it kinda swivels under the car,good luck
:D
Kevin

No. At least I couldn't on a car I did this past fall. I jacked it up to a unbelievable height and it still wouldn't come out. Finally cut the CAT off.

No. At least I couldn't on a car I did this past fall. I jacked it up to a unbelievable height and it still wouldn't come out. Finally cut the CAT off.
Same story with myself. No converter but had a "y" pipe that I had to remove and still had to do tell "The Lord" all about it before it came out. Bought a 4 post car lift soon afterward and wished I would have waited until I had it to do the RJC dp install. To sum up - It Sucked!

yes

Do the job where you can jack up car & also remove some material underneath the car/pipe to allow the pipe to fall down - e.g., front yard, gravel driveway. :)

Thanks for the feedback.......that's it, it's going on a hoist. Too damn grumpy n old to fight with sum'n like DP. I wanna save the original.......and I can see myself getting ugly and bringing out the sawzal at the 1st sign of a stuggle.

Spin

Not sure if you have installed a DP before but remember to spin the pipe clockwise as you feed it down past the fire wall. Im sure you would figure this out, but thought I would save you some time.

Den

Not sure if you have installed a DP before but remember to spin the pipe clockwise as you feed it down past the fire wall. Im sure you would figure this out, but thought I would save you some time.

Den

Thx for the tip Den

Thanks for the feedback.......that's it, it's going on a hoist. Too damn grumpy n old to fight with sum'n like DP. I wanna save the original.......and I can see myself getting ugly and bringing out the sawzal at the 1st sign of a stuggle.

I got the convertor off mine...so it came out easy.