rjc 3" exhaust. anyone else having a problem installing or installed?

ulose2av6

this has turned out to be a freeking nightmare of an installation. nothing fits lines up etc maybe i am doing something wrong.

I had issues at first when I tried to install the muffler in a vertical position. Once I realized that it supposed to be angled (top of muffler more towards gas tank, bottom more towards diff) it was easier. Only other thing was I had to fab brackets for the muffler. The kit is supposed to use the stock hangers which most of us don't have anymore.

I had an absolute impossible time installing. I called for guidance and was told " We give very detailed directions. Follow them." :mad:

I then had a freind come pick up the car and fab all new mounting points and it finally worked.

does anyone know if or how the exhaust is supposed to mount to the existing brackets. In no way shape or form does this seem likes its going to happen.

i had no problem installing mine .read directions they are very good .this is a good system dont make it hard and get mad at it. take ur time :smile:
thanks regalwe4 kevin

did u try calling jason. he is one of the most helpful vendors out there

well i am **** out of luck. i dont know how you can sell a product then expect the customer to run around and make brackets and such. that ludicrous. Wish he would chime in here because he will be getting the box back with the exhaust.

When test fitting everything, mine went together pretty good. The only question I have is that the 90* bend in the over the axle pipe seems to be bent back towards the diff a little too much. My muffler isn't really parallel to the tank and rear end. The pass side is much closer to the tank than the drivers side. If everything else lines up, I might bring it somewhere to get re-welded.

the over the axle bracket is supposed to fit in the exhaust hanger also? there is no way that will happen. i tried every possible scenerio and it just wont work.

i hope this pics can help i went up to advance an bought this muffler brackets cut them a little and made them work. make sure the inlet to the muffler(from down pipe to muffler)is on the bottom passenger side. this pics where all taken from passenger side.

Attachments

• DSC00472.jpg
    DSC00472.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC00466.jpg
    DSC00466.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 515
  • DSC00476.jpg
    DSC00476.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 515
  • DSC00484.jpg
    DSC00484.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 517
  • DSC00488.jpg
    DSC00488.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 518
Mine went in ok, it was a bit hard getting everything in the correct position but it did go in and I used the stock hangers for the muffler. I did drill new holes for the tailpipes. I can take some pictures if you need them.

can one of you guys post some picture's on how it looks from the back of the car so one can see for him self.I know RJC has a pic of it installed but i would prefer one of your pictures instead;)Don't get me wrong,i plan on buying this when my exhaust system goes south on me

Mine went in ok, it was a bit hard getting everything in the correct position but it did go in and I used the stock hangers for the muffler. I did drill new holes for the tailpipes. I can take some pictures if you need them.

Can you post a pic from under the car looking up at the muffler? I'm specifically looking for the spacing between the muffler and the fuel tank from end to end of the muffler.

Sorry to hear some of you guys are having problems. I purchased the Pypes System and had a muffler shop do the work. I am a mechanic by trade yet dont have an air compressor or torches at home. What I'm getting at is why not just take it to the local muffler shop and let them do it? I see the system cost twice as much as mine. I also see on his site the picture clearly shows that he did not use the stock hanger in the passenger side near the fuel line connection.

Attachments

• 3in_exh_011m.jpg
    3in_exh_011m.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 446
That is to bad, you need to let them know, a plug and play unit should do just that!!

Ron

Can you post a pic from under the car looking up at the muffler? I'm specifically looking for the spacing between the muffler and the fuel tank from end to end of the muffler.

I will work on getting some pics up tonight after work.

hello; As I said on a different thread. A pro shop took about 3 hours to take of the old and put on the new. They kept sayin all the stuff that's suppose to bolt on rairly do.
IBBY