You can type here any text you want

RJC girdle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

If a block was girdled, could you go back to a stock setup afterwards? Where there any mods done to the block for a girdle?

the main caps are cut down to be flush with block and an extension block for the oil pickup tube
how much the cutting weakens the main caps i cant say but i would replace them
you would need new caps (stock if you can find or billet$$) , hardware for main caps and oil pan, and remove the pickup extension and reinstall the pickup with correct hardware
you cant just bolt a in cap from another block and go ...they need to be fit.... and that means disassembling , a trip to machinist to fit them to the registers and line bore .

Why would you ever want to "go back to stock" with an engine that has been girdled?

I'm still young. I am assuming that like all the older guys at the car shows that show up with their mint beauties, that I will outgrow racing in my senior years. When that comes, I want to have all my shit on hand, so that I can turn this car back to factory condition and show up to a car show with a respectable vehicle. :) This girdle isn't coming off any time soon though lol, unless this current rebuild was flawed.

Think of it as strength, not an accessory.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

you can have that race car with the car still looking 90% the same/stockish under the hood..

And I plan on it :) Though I need a good aftermarket maf that fits in the stock intake hose. That would complete my stealth build.

Keep the old.maf get a sd2 chip.or xfi. They use mafless systems. Xfi very pricey for a look. Lol

Back