You can type here any text you want

rjc intercooler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got sick and tired of reading this stuff in the past that i ended up buying a PTE front mount off a 9.50 car........ :wink:

dollar_bill said:
BS.Looks like a bunch of you clowns attacking Jack and his product to us with a brain....I wonder if all those motors that Cal built that **** the bed were running Jacks intercooler too??Could the IC be the reason for them blowing up or Cals shoddy work?

Since you are so close to Jack please tell him there are a few questions he needs to answer in this thread.

Race Jace said:
I mean put a piece of aluminum sheet, rubber mat, carpet or whatever and screw/bolt it between the radiator core support and the front bumper. This makes any air than enters the grill have to go through the heat exchangers instead of just hitting the face of the intercooler and blowing down under the car and being wasted.

Excellent suggestion - thanks! I think I'll use a beige shag....or tweak the stock rubber piece.

Jim

dollar_bill said:
BS.Looks like a bunch of you clowns attacking Jack and his product to us with a brain....I wonder if all those motors that Cal built that **** the bed were running Jacks intercooler too??Could the IC be the reason for them blowing up or Cals shoddy work?
What with the cloak and dagger? Why not let Cal know who is attacking him? No one else is hiding behind a screen name.
And Bill, No i was not running the Methanol on that run.It was not allowed in qualifying and eliminations.

dollar_bill said:

Wow, 2nd post. What is your name??

top gun said:
Otto's 9.42 @146 is hardly a best pass considering he has a stage motor with a 76 gts turbo. The Cotton intercooler he was running at the time was putting out 192 deg mats which promoted detonation and hurt the crank.

My Precision intercooler was producing 95 deg mats on a 9.23 pass.
It appears that Ottos intercooler is hurting his performance and a change is in order.

I still think that was his best pass Dave, regardless of the other stuff. I think we have put together a fairly decent TSM intercooler but I dont have a wind tunnel, flow bench, pito tubes,delta p transmitter etc etc so I guess time will tell??????

Good luck to all.

HighPSI said:
Looks like this thread has ran it's course, perhaps the mods need to lock it.
I've been watching this thread and have no desire to lock it and end the discussion. Ending this thread by locking it could be perceived as protecting one or the other of the principals....Not going to take sides here.

I want to be unbiased and act only if inappropriate posts force action. Each poster will ultimately be judged by his own words and actions. If you feel emotional, I suggest you step away from the keyboard and settle down before typing ;) Your words are going to be here for a long time for all to see.

As muddy as this thread as grown, it may be better for interested people to start their own threads for further discussion. If its a technical discussion, post it here....If not, post it in the Turbo Lounge or the feedback forums :)

Oh, by the way, your IP addresses are visible to me....Please, post only under one name here. :)

My best Regards to each of you.

Lee Burough

Why do I even read these threads??--oh yea, entertainment value

Race Jace said:
I mean put a piece of aluminum sheet, rubber mat, carpet or whatever and screw/bolt it between the radiator core support and the front bumper. This makes any air than enters the grill have to go through the heat exchangers instead of just hitting the face of the intercooler and blowing down under the car and being wasted.
Nice, glad I boxed that all in with the Powerstroke I custom installed :p Best part is I'm glad it is something unique and custom.....although I'm sure someone doesn't like Ford :biggrin: Just put the new pan on Jason :smile:

Sorry Dave, Ted, Cal, Otto, couldn't respond sooner... had orders to ship out, customers to speak with and generally a life to attend to. There is nothing here to respond to that has not already been addressed either publicly or privately. I'll just repeat the obviously, the 4 of you have once again shown by your participation here and tone exactly what I've said, you were asked to stop the snipping on one board and have now come over here where you feel you can continue your pitiful behavior. It makes no differance what I say or do here, the agenda will continue..... have a sparkling day, I have work to do.

JCotton said:
Sorry Dave, Ted, Cal, Otto, couldn't respond sooner... had orders to ship out, customers to speak with and generally a life to attend to.

Yep, I agree. That's why I couldn't respond to your 10:22, 11:13, or 1:41 post, until 5:30.

JCotton said:
(snip) the 4 of you have once again shown by your participation here and tone exactly what I've said, you were asked to stop the snipping on one board and have now come over here where you feel you can continue your pitiful behavior.

Don't include me in your paranoia. In the last year, I have made a concious effort to let your subtle comments slide. If you're still going to accuse me of attacking you, I might as well go back to busting your balls like days of old. Take a deep breath and look at my post, nothing confrontational.
Inhale deeply.......Exhale deeply.....

Ted A. said:
So, it says you sell them, then you turn around to speak over Jasons unit comparing it to your old one, then give dimensions of your new one. :confused:

It seems you are stepping in on Jasons thread, which is pretty rude IMHO. Hopefully we will see some data on Jasons unit and the minute size difference will be made up with better performance which your old Cottons front mount intercooler is lacking in our tests.

Oh, BTW the RJC cooler is significantly less too.

Ted

Ted, You should really read your posts before you post them. It really looks like you are supporting an unproven IC with no data which, according to your previous posts, is one of the worst possible things you can do on the face of the planet. Either that or a personal vendetta against Jack which you say over and over you don't have. How is it Jason's thread?? He didn't start it.

HighPSI said:
Sorry, I disagree. People compare turbos and intercoolers all the time. I for one have tested 3 intercoolers and 5 turbos in the last year just on my own car, not to mention the testing I've done on customers cars. In fact, I've already spoken to Jason about putting his new intercooler on my car. I do this testing in attempt to get a competitive edge for myself and my customers.

Cal, I think Spongebob meant he wanted someone to compare ICs and share the data with the community. I guess lot's of people have done secret testing and never reveal the facts to anyone. Well I guess you do share it with the 3 stooges :biggrin:

Finally you guys jump on Jack because he commented on a product that he has actually seen. His comments were not negative, positive in fact, and this thread wasn't started by Jason as an announcement about his cooler.

I think it is time for you boys to MAN up and either publically admit you have a personal vendetta against Jack or shut the hell up about it. Personally I find that your stupid, childish posts/jabs at Jack in every thread you can find add nothing to the Buick community and really just make ya'll look stupid but that is just my opinion.

I would like to continue to see valid, technical information posted about IC's as often as possible but tired of seeing every post turn into a pissing match. I would like to see results. Like how much did Dick Kerney pick up from his personal best with Jack's IC when he changed to a different IC? How much was Jack's IC holding him back? Must not of been much or I am sure we would have seen it posted 50 times.

Sully

Lee_Burough said:

Oh, by the way, your IP addresses are visible to me....Please, post only under one name here. :)

Lee Burough

Does this mean a pair of jacks beats a king and an ace?

lol j/k

Lee Burough why dont you post there names when people do that isnt that a form of fraud or some kind of illegal activity im mean it would be great to read the post from the chicken s**t cowards after you guys busted them out

thanks for the plug wirers jack, keep the faith brother

Every time one of these IC threads starts, it very quickly turns into a big, smelly load of C**P! The discussions show an almost complete lack of understanding about what an IC is, and what it does, and how it works. There is no magic horsepower rating for a heat exchanger. A given heat exchanger will transmit varying amounts of heat, depending on the flow of the two fluids, and the differential temperature. If someone is too dumb to provide adequate cooling air flow, then a BIG, BIG, BIG IC will only provide a small amount of cooling. As I pointed out in another one of these stupid threads, an IC for a 500 cubic inch engine making 1,000 hp will be very different from an IC for 200 cubic inch engine making the same power, because the flows will be different. I'm just guessing, but some people may have built some engines that failed, and are looking for target to point their short little fingers at. When somebody does some testing on all these ICs, maybe we will know a little more about their heat transfer capabilities. BUT- who will we trust to do a fair and unbiased test?

Well seeing as there is 4 people trying to slam Jack and his product,I thought someone in the TR should be good enough to step up to the plate and try to take some flaq for Jack like hes done for the community for years.

Leave Jack alone and start your **** with someone else.Hes one guy and theres quite a few of you ganging up on him for some personal vendeta that myself and the rest of the Buick world are tired of and dont care about.No need to slam an old product when coming out with a new....

WHERES THE BUISNESS ETHICS AMONG VENDORS???Oh,I forgot,were dealing with Buick vendors,guys like Dave Schumacher smoke crack and Terry Houston molests children and we forgive em.Jack puts out an IC and it doesnt live up to all expectations and now hes the biggest SOB to walk gods green earth.WHAT KIND OF DUMB ASS THINKING IS THIS :confused:

And if you want to know....EDIT: Lee Burough edited a statment which belongs in the feedback forum (see my previous post). If you, or anyone else, continues to throw gas on the fire in this forum, I'll make it a point to edit all of your posts to suit me! Next time you make an inflamitory statement, I'll restrict your access to this forum indefinately....This is a technical forum, not a forum where we pick the scabs off old feuds....Lets keep it technical....I apologize to the thread originator for allowing this thread to be hyjacked....Now, I'll be over reacting to those who have an (hidden) agenda that is not technical :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back