You can type here any text you want

rjc intercooler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

daywalker

strenghts no weakness
got my new rjc intercooler yesterday and would like to tell all that jason has come out with another great product for our cars guys. i couldnt be any happier jason, they turned out great just as you said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

nice

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 1,050
awww coke the choice of the intercooled generation

:p yhea i can see thats a big coke can thanks for sharing :biggrin: :biggrin:

Did either of you get those installed yet? Looking for info on how the install went. Also some pics of it installed with the bumper and grill put back on.

Jim

RJC's cooler.

Jimmy, don't worry about it, it fit's like a glove, :wink: no problems with it rubbing anywhere, they did some awesome measuring before making this thing. Go over to the Video & Pictures library section and you can almost see one installed, i put a little black basecoat on the front of it so it's kinda hard to see. ;)

How about some user feedback...how does it perform....does it contribute to low end lag on a street car???

TurboT231 said:
Jimmy, don't worry about it, it fit's like a glove, :wink: no problems with it rubbing anywhere, they did some awesome measuring before making this thing. Go over to the Video & Pictures library section and you can almost see one installed, i put a little black basecoat on the front of it so it's kinda hard to see. ;)

Thanks! I'll check it out.

I worry what the paint will do to the heat transfer, but if I don't like the way it looks I might spray it.

Jim

TurboT231 said:

Here's a link to the pics I took of the RJC Megacooler on Freddy's car..

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178110

Where are poople putting their trans coolers? I have a B&M cooler installed in front of the a/c condenser now. It looks like this:

http://turbojimmy.4t.com/gn_engine_pull/061902_07.jpg

I have a fan for it so I guess I could put it just about anywhere, but I'd prefer to put it where it would get some real air flow. I searched and found that some folks are putting them between the air dams but I wanted something less conspicuous. Has anyone tried to fashion some sort of bracketry that would put the trans cooler where the stock intercooler would be (in front of the fan)? I thought that would be cool but I'm not sure if there's room.

Jim

we put all of the ones we do in front of the passenger front tire, under the battery with a fan on it. it is stealth and seems to work good there.

Race Jace said:
we put all of the ones we do in front of the passenger front tire, under the battery with a fan on it. it is stealth and seems to work good there.

Cool. So do you wire the fan up to the coolant temp switch (via a relay, of course)?

Jim

Okay - I got mine yesterday and got it hanging by the top bolts in the car. It fit perfectly. But I do have a few questions:

1) Can anyone provide pics of how they hung their trans cooler? There is lots of room under the battery, but I'm not creative enough to envision what I'd have to make in the way of bracketry.

2) What do I do with the tabs on the bottom of the intercooler? They line up nicely with a couple of holes in the bottom of the rad support, but I'm not sure what to do there. I don't want to poke a hole in my a/c condenser.

3) I'm assuming that the reinforcement bracket in the center of the header panel doesn't go back in. I thought I saw a post somewhere where someone modified it, but it does not appear as if that thing's going back in there.

4) Do I put the rubber flap back under the rad? It looks like it'll go back in, though it would need tweaked for the FMIC elbows.

5) This one is a long shot: Does anyone know the size of the water pump and timing cover bolts that are replaced when you install a CAS V4? It's been so long since I installed that thing I had forgotten about the extra, longer bolts you use for the mounting bracket. I can't take the bracket off without replacement bolts. It's no big deal tho - I can leave it there for now. I don't think it will interefere with the pipe.

Overall it looks great and went in really easily. It's really a piece of art. It's funny how it absolutely dwarfs my V4. I dropped it as I was setting it down and flattened the bottom of one of the elbows but not real bad. It only fell maybe a foot, but I'm pissed at myself. UPS brings it to NJ from Utah unscathed and I drop it carrying it from one side of the garage to the other.

Any advice on the above would be greatly appreciated!

49-blues said:
Anyone have the exact measurements of this new intercooler-thanks.

According to the RJC website, the core is 27x17x3.25.

Tank-to-tank it's 33.5 +/- wide on the bottom and 28.25 +/- on the top (tanks are tapered). It's 21.5 +/- tall from the bottom of the elbow to the top of the tank.

Depth-wise, it looks like I need to tweak my grille a bit to get it to fit. The bottom of it's pushed out a bit so I'm going to have to take a little material out of the area where the springs go (back side of it).

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back