You can type here any text you want

Rjc rear motor brace

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SNOWBIRD

Planning on buying one from jason in the next couple of weeks ...would like some feed back from anyone useing one ....I find 2 HR mounts two rough for the street

I just use one HR Mount on Dvrs side and standard one on Pass side. Works great at the strip and on the street. :cool:

Same curiosity here. Looks nice a cleaner set-up than a cargo strap. Don't get me wrong, the cargo strap works, just isn't the cleanest.

I just use one HR Mount on Dvrs side and standard one on Pass side. Works great at the strip and on the street. :cool:

I'd go this route instead. Why add more stuff that can break/bend/warp/corrode? I mean if it was more like $35 then yeah.
Guess it's a matter of personal preference if it really works.

To put it simply, it takes the stress of the engine where the motor mounts are. This keeps distortion down to a minimum so the engine bores are more stable. You can run stock motor mounts and not worry about busting them as easily. Jason posted a vid link some time ago and showed how it keeps the engine and tranny from moving. All I can say is it worked in the vid and looked like a great idea.

I have one and it works great with stock mounts. No more teeth falling out from those poly mounts........

Norby ,,,,,,,that is exactly why i want to go that route....i have all the best products from hr but find 2 mounts a little rough on my car for street driving so i will try 1 stock driver mount and a center motor brace from one of our finest vendors that does not make parts that bend ,rust etc

I have one and it works great with stock mounts. No more teeth falling out from those poly mounts........

Not sure why your teeth are falling out. Maybe a dentist appointment is in need or a new tuner for the LC2.

I have the HR mounts and have noticed no difference in my car manners. My car is as streetable as most of them out there. I have 10.81 under the belt and shooting for some 50's once I get back out there with better 60' times and a stronger wastegate actuator to get above 25.5 Lbs of boost.

Not knocking what Jason may have out and trying to improve our choices, but the HR mounts do rock !

Mike

x2

Not sure why your teeth are falling out. Maybe a dentist appointment is in need or a new tuner for the LC2.

I have the HR mounts and have noticed no difference in my car manners. My car is as streetable as most of them out there. I have 10.81 under the belt and shooting for some 50's once I get back out there with better 60' times and a stronger wastegate actuator to get above 25.5 Lbs of boost.

Not knocking what Jason may have out and trying to improve our choices, but the HR mounts do rock !

Mike

same here 2 hr mounts i don't see no difference.

Some engines are balanced better than others, and the HR mounts are very sensitive to engine balance. If your engine is balanced well you won;t notice any more vibration, but if its not right on look out........I know of 2 other people who had to go back to stock mounts, so its just not me being fussy.

Good idea. I'd like it much more if there was a brace on the right rear of the motor also. With a brace only on the left rear, you're still putting a lot of stress into the block at the normal right side motor mount location. Is it possible, a different stress across the whole block?
Instead of the torque load being controlled on a simple plane through a narrow section of the block, the load is being controlled on a not so simple plane. One that stretches from the left rear of the block to the right front motor mount, trying to twist the motor like a pop and fresh biscuit container.
My feeling is the design is not finished yet. Make a matching right side brace, and the design will be a great idea, not just a good idea.

Back