RockAuto 9 Piece Trunk Kit

danostuff67

Anyone bought the Rockauto 9 piece trunk carpet kit? They are pretty cheap compared to other vendors. $192.89 plus $27.00 shipping for me. Shipping is extremely high at other places. Wondering how the quality is on these. Thanks!!

Not sure on the trunk kit but I did see that. I'm going to order my headliner and upper door panels from them though as they are significantly cheaper as well.

Sorry about the hijack. The kit you are looking at has cut pile carpet like the interior carpet (match you interior carpet maybe?)- It is different from OEM trunk liner. That might be exactly what you want and might be a nice upgrade from OEM trunk liner.

As an alternative "How about a DIY trunk kit?"

You need liner, a sharp box cutter, 3M 90 (or maybe 77) cowlboard from a local auto upholstery shop and a good eye. DIY patterns or better yet someone local who has a OEM factory kit on their car would be great. Yea you need time, patience & a willingness for an occasional do over.:censored:

MiamiCarpet.jpg

I reinforced a couple of the bends/creases I made in the cowlboard with muslin (fabric & adhesive on front & back) before adding the trunk liner.

Last edited:
My home made kit looked kind of like this before the embroidery was finished. I can't find any better pics right now.
Trunk_KIT_1.jpg

It's...uh....3:06 AM here at the moment.:coffee: Hope this helps.:giggle:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Not sure on the trunk kit but I did see that. I'm going to order my headliner and upper door panels from them though as they are significantly cheaper as well.
I just put in there headliner and it fit perfect, and the color match (claret} was perfect also. But there seat covers the color didn't match but seem like a good quality.

kirban 2 cents worth

I can't knock whatever Rock Auto is selling we been selling our 2 versions for maybe 6 years or longer in black or grey 9 piece format grey being dead on match to the GM optional 9 piece kit. Black being another option we offer. Point is the grey is a dead natch to what GM did originally.

it is oversized to ship...if you supply commercial address it would run a few bucks cheaper I imagine. I have no idea if RTock autos 9 piece matches the GM format.

Ours is $184.95 plus shipping....

or wait til our open house pick it up no shipping....whatever you buy member its the cloth side up....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

I can't knock whatever Rock Auto is selling we been selling our 2 versions for maybe 6 years or longer in black or grey 9 piece format grey being dead on match to the GM optional 9 piece kit. Black being another option we offer. Point is the grey is a dead natch to what GM did originally.

it is oversized to ship...if you supply commercial address it would run a few bucks cheaper I imagine. I have no idea if RTock autos 9 piece matches the GM format.

Ours is $184.95 plus shipping....

or wait til our open house pick it up no shipping....whatever you buy member its the cloth side up....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

WOW! Who knew? That’s less expensive than the rock auto kit!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know how the headliner goes, need to order one also.
Headliner looks great. Fits perfect. I ordered the wrong door panels so gotta return them and get the right ones but the ones I did receive were very good quality and came with the rear seat fabric inserts as well. Not bad for 244 bucks. Not sure why it isnt uploading my picture.

Last edited: