Rockauto Do Not Buy!!!!!!!!!!!

There are 2 other web based parts houses that are right there with rock.

What's their return policy? I think 30 days is fair. If you can't install a part right away and find out later it's wrong then that's your problem. Wait to order it rather than sit on it.

RockAuto was going by their fair rules, you were not. If they had to make a special exception for you, then they'd have to do it for EVERYBODY, thus the rules are void....so they stuck to their policy like any good business does.....the problem lies with you....you had plenty of time to see if the bearings fit...it should only take a few minutes to check....you weren't crawling around in the Space Shuttle, were you? If so, I'd understand.

So stop damning a company who follows their own policy and you didn't conform to the rule.......yes, go buy somewhere else...I have a few bearings from the Space Shuttle....need some?:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

OK guys you're not getting the message.The parts did not fit.Even thought I was outside of there 30 window to keep a good customer ( I must have spent a couple of thousand in parts for one car) they could have said send them back. I would have even accepted store credit. Now I will shop elsewhere. There are 2 other web based parts houses that are right there with rock.

was it a manufacturer's defect or wrong part ordered? Is the part number correct for the application? Are the parts you are replacing the 'stock' ones? just trying to get clarification....

aaron

What's their return policy? I think 30 days is fair. If you can't install a part right away and find out later it's wrong then that's your problem. Wait to order it rather than sit on it.
Benefit of the doubt - If he ordered the right part and got the wrong part i could never agree with your statement as the FIRST MISTAKE was made by the seller.

was it a manufacturer's defect or wrong part ordered? Is the part number correct for the application? Are the parts you are replacing the 'stock' ones? just trying to get clarification....

aaron

this is a much better direction.

either way it sucks to pay for junk.

return or exchange?

Mike from FULLtHROTTLE just exchanged a set of main bearings for me that I bought back in Dec. I was collecting parts while I had a job. I just pulled the crank to to swap in new bearings..just in case. I had thought the crank was -.020/-.020.It was in fact -.010/-.020. emailed them asking if I could swap them for -.010 mains.
Marianne said "I would do this no harm no foul" So I guess I screwed up but a good vendor made up for my -rectal anal inversion-.
I'll stick with vendors on the important stuff.
Mart

OK guys you're not getting the message.The parts did not fit.Even thought I was outside of there 30 window to keep a good customer ( I must have spent a couple of thousand in parts for one car) they could have said send them back. I would have even accepted store credit. Now I will shop elsewhere. There are 2 other web based parts houses that are right there with rock.
That is the problem, people seem to think that vendors "can just send them back" in most cases we cannot so if it not a part that we seel we are stuck with it and that money goes down the drain, some companies that do allow returns only allow them once a year and as a perectage of how much you buy, i.e. you can send back 3% of what you buy for credit, if you need to send back more than 3% your screwed and even them you have to wait a year and tie up the money until you do. So when you think that the vendor does not get hurt in a deal like this and it would be no big deal for them to "just send it back" think again.
Mike

Mike from FULLtHROTTLE just exchanged a set of main bearings for me that I bought back in Dec. I was collecting parts while I had a job. I just pulled the crank to to swap in new bearings..just in case. I had thought the crank was -.020/-.020.It was in fact -.010/-.020. emailed them asking if I could swap them for -.010 mains.
Marianne said "I would do this no harm no foul" So I guess I screwed up but a good vendor made up for my -rectal anal inversion-.
I'll stick with vendors on the important stuff.
Mart
First thanks for the nice words, we also have a 30 day return policy but here a part that we sell on a regular basis so we are albe to help a customer without too much trouble. In a case like this a vendor can always help if they are willing. Not all parts are like this but we are happy to help when we can
Mike

I have piston rings, bearings & other little stuff from a few vendors that a year later I found I needed something else. I wouldnt even ask a vendor to take them back. For under $100 I sit on the stuff & one day someone local will need them & I can help them out. After 20 years of spending on this car $100 worth of bearings isn't going to come near close enuf to get me excited.

I have three unopened ROckAuto boxes here. :)

They sent me a wrong radiator a few months back (For the Eldorado), it was a warehouse mistake - they made good on it.