Rocker Arms

I'm waiting to take delivery on the TAperformance rocker set. It includes everything: thicker shaft, hardened rockers, and buttons: $159.00. I just installed a roller cam, but the budget won't support $450.00 roller rockers.

You guys running stock rockers with a high lift roller cams are just wearing your valve guides out prematurely. They put a lot of side loads on the valves since they are not roller tipped. If it's a car that goes down the quarter more times than around the neighborhood block then keep using the stockers. You can always use the money saved to replace your guides when the heads are off the next time.;)

Also not fair until the cost of replacement stamped steel rocker arms are added into the equation - and lets not forget the precise adjustment the RR's will give ya.

I have read about pushrods breaking thru the rocker arms - never seen it, but read about it.

Also know of several roller cam cars doing just fine with stock rockers.

For me it was about an up grade to roller cam and stiffer springs and I was not going to put all that on my 1/4 million mile rockers ;)

roller cam stock arms and shaft and so far no issues. I would recommend the better shafts after all couls not hurt. So far no problem and we zing them up to 5700 on a comp 212/212 with iron heads.

If Brian has them he is good to order from. Call him. Hope this helps. Remmember you will need to measure and then order a pushrid with the correct pre load. I think comp called for 20 to 40 so I se the preload on 30 and orderd the appropriat push rods. After this I marked each push rod and installed it and checked the preload on ever push rod. They were all .029 to .031 so I was happy and finished assembly. I always check everyone just incase.