You can type here any text you want

Rocker shaft and play

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Anyone know the diameter difference between the Heavy Duty rocker arm shaft and the "loose" OEM type? Would a tighter fitting rocker unit be preferable? (Not saying tight, jut less play). Could not find history on this ... yet. :D

dia.

Never measured but I would think the shaft itself would have to be the SAME dia. or it would not sit on the pedestal right.

I am not at home to mic either one, but they seem to fit the same (same OD). They are quite a bit thicker, but that is all inside diameter.

Lee Thompson said:
Never measured but I would think the shaft itself would have to be the SAME dia. or it would not sit on the pedestal right.

Forgot about that .........
Maybe some bushings at the rockers would help ........... or .......... slightly larger diameter with a turned down dia where it fits on the heads but still thicker material ..............
Thoughts or not worth the trouble?

If you had acces to mills and lathes and a lot of time and money to play with, sure, give it a shot. But for my needs and wants, the hardened shaft are good enough for me. If you think about it, the rocker arm only contacts a small portion of the shaft once the springs and everything are installed. There will always be air between one side of the shaft and the arm. (top) It shouldn't make a difference if that gap is .005 or .050, should it? Just my ramblings, I don't know... :confused:

I agree i dont think that would be a high concern of mine shaft thickness of the rocker assembly now if your talkin about high horse application do rollers and be done with it otherwise i wouldnt bother, lot of people goin stock into the 11's.

Back