You can type here any text you want

Rod Bearing Inspection Part 2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NOKA72

Whats Up Guys...as You May Or May Not Know...i Am Fighting A Rod Knock Problem...fresh Engine...less Than 200 Miles....rod Knocking... So I Pulled The Pan Took A Look Around Changed Bearings And Gave It A Whirl...well No Good Lasted A Few Hours Till It Knocked Again...so I Pulled It Out...heres What I Have Found...i Am Going To Bring It Back To Builder But I Wanted To Look Around....first And Foremost Is This My Low Hot Idle Oil Pressure Problem....
1. When I Spin The Oil Pump/pressurize The System I See That I Get Lots Of Oil Between The Frt Cam Bearing And The Block...seems To Me Like Wasted Oil Just Pumped Out To The Block////internal Leak///or Am I Mistaken?????
2.tried To Measure The Journals As Best As I Can..and If Max Spec Is 2.2495..i Seem To Have A Measurement Of 2.252 2.250 2.248 On Rod Journal #4 Can This Be Or Am I Just Drunk With Disgust...anyway Seems Like Most Of The Uppers Are Down To The Copper Layer Already....

Whats Up Guys...as You May Or May Not Know...i Am Fighting A Rod Knock Problem...fresh Engine...less Than 200 Miles....rod Knocking... So I Pulled The Pan Took A Look Around Changed Bearings And Gave It A Whirl...well No Good Lasted A Few Hours Till It Knocked Again...so I Pulled It Out...heres What I Have Found...i Am Going To Bring It Back To Builder But I Wanted To Look Around....first And Foremost Is This My Low Hot Idle Oil Pressure Problem....
1. When I Spin The Oil Pump/pressurize The System I See That I Get Lots Of Oil Between The Frt Cam Bearing And The Block...seems To Me Like Wasted Oil Just Pumped Out To The Block////internal Leak///or Am I Mistaken?????
2.tried To Measure The Journals As Best As I Can..and If Max Spec Is 2.2495..i Seem To Have A Measurement Of 2.252 2.250 2.248 On Rod Journal #4 Can This Be Or Am I Just Drunk With Disgust...anyway Seems Like Most Of The Uppers Are Down To The Copper Layer Already....

is the big end of the rod round------if its egg shaped it will obviously not work well-----and even if you put a new bearing in it its gonna beat itself to failure really quick

"1. When I Spin The Oil Pump/pressurize The System I See That I Get Lots Of Oil Between The Frt Cam Bearing And The Block...seems To Me Like Wasted Oil Just Pumped Out To The Block////internal Leak///or Am I Mistaken?????"
Cam brg installed from the front,[common brg driver], or without the correct tool, can/will **** it in the block. A big leak there, will seriously reduce the flow to the brgs...
If those measurements are across the face of #4 crank throw, the throw has been ground waaaay off spec.[.0025 at 1 end, and .0015 at the other].
Time to completely disassemble, and check the dims.
As Richard said, look at the rod bores, too.

YES CHUCK I AM GOING TO DISASSEMBLE...AND RETURN TO BUILDER..SO THIS AS A DEFINATE PROBLEM WITH WHAT IM SEEING AS FAR AS #1 CAM BEARING.AND THIS CRANK WAS CHECKED...AND POLISHED...IM THINKING THE CRANK WAS NOT MEASURED CORRECTLY...AND THE DECISION TO POLISH WAS TOTALLY WRONG.....OBVIOUSLY:mad: ....COSTLY MISTAKE...VINNY

Back