You can type here any text you want

ROL Head Gaskets

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tim Cucci

Has anyone used these ROL stock type head gaskets specific for a VIN 7 ? I have an engine kit complete with Head Gaskets for a VIN 7 engine. Will these gaskets hold up for stock applications? Are these true stock replacements.

Tim,

I had those ROL gaskets in my car but a shop blew mine on a joy ride with the alcohol shut off. Seems a large consensus says to use the Fel Pro 9441 PTs which I put back in a couple of weeks ago. They appear to be a better made gasket and hopefully will stand up to higher boost levels.

Been back to Macon any lately? We had pretty extensive tornado damage from Mother's Day in much of the city.

ROL gaskets seem cheap. Compare the ROL intake gasket to the Fel-Pro. Fel-Pro is much better.

Try to get new head gaskets from a GM dealer. I've heard that GM sold all of their stock. I just got GM head gaskets from the GM parts counter a couple weeks ago with no problems.

I agree with the felpro or GM gaskets, ROL are your cheap gaskets, A stock replacment Felpro is a good gasket for the money if your not going hog wild with the boost! :biggrin:

Do NOT, I mean DON'T, Or should I say, NO! WAY! SHOULD you use ROL head gaskets in a Turbo Buick engine. PERIOD!!! They do not have a steel wire fire ring in them. They will blow at less than 15psi boost. They look the same as stock, but are nothing like stock. Stick with 9441 Fel-Pro's or factory GM gaskets.

All they are good for is mocking up the engine! Got a couple sets & thats all I use em for over winter when I'm playing around.
GM or get direct from Victor Reinz who made them for GM

Back