You can type here any text you want

Roller cam in 77-83 motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

conn84gn

Will a 87 billet roller 201/201 cam fit in 77-83 block without modifing anything
885 lifters, roller timing chain

The cam bearing for that block probably aren't the same as for a 109. I think the 14 bolt blocks have a different OD on the cam bearings. The cam will slide in there.

The 84 block has larger OD cam bearing front and rear,
centers are the same as 109 block.
ID's are the same as 109
so I would say should not be a problem:cool:

One BIG problem will be the oil groove on the front cam journal of the cam. The austemper roller has a NON-grooved front journal. The 109 block has the oil transfere slot machined under the cam bearing shell (in the block) The early V6 blocks have the oil transfere slot machined into the cam itself. You will have to machine an oil transfere slot to feed the drivers side lifter gallery, or use a transfere tube at the back of the block. The easiest would be the transfere tube between the rear oil gallery plugs in the back of the block. You can use either -4AN, or 1/4" double flare tubing (brake line stuff from an autoparts store). Other than that, it is a bolt in deal.

I figured from the start it would slide in but
Oil to the bearing on older blocks?
No oil to the bearing unless it was through the cam?
I just want to get it right
Thanks

Back