You can type here any text you want

roller lifter problem?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo Steve

have about 100 miles on my comp roller cam kit got into the gas peddle a few times no problems ran perfect. made a full throttle run and it began to tick got it home plenty of oil pressure 24 hot idle. noise from drivers side valve cover.I took the cover off and the last rocker towards the firewall is very loose. did the lifter get stuck and stayed compressed? can you buy just a pair of there comp lifters?

ok heres more...rocker is loose but spring is looking like it is semi compressed so is that most likely a bent valve?

Take the rocker assy off the head, and get "up close and personal" w/ the spring...I'd air up the cyl, and take the spring off.If intro of hi psi air into the cyl does not shut the valves.. It's heads off time, and I'd be looking at replacing all 12.

Funny i go same problem with asked about engine noise.I drove mine 600 miles no problems started being more aggressive with it,now got a noise pulled valve covers turned it over with orange wire disconnected and all rockers move etc.Pulled shafts checked all push rods and springs nothing wrong.Started it with covers off noise is less but still in rear.Did a search found alot of post about roller cam and stock shafts having noise. Fix was new shafts and rockers...

here is what i asked http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/engine-tech/251897-engine-noise.html

kind of same situation isn't it,put all hardware that came with cam in and now it got problems kind of weird ....

Take the rocker assy off the head, and get "up close and personal" w/ the spring...I'd air up the cyl, and take the spring off.If intro of hi psi air into the cyl does not shut the valves.. It's heads off time, and I'd be looking at replacing all 12.

thanks! so a cracked spring would look like its semi compressed even though the rocker shaft is removed? at work now just thinking but will get to it asap

thanks! so a cracked spring would look like its semi compressed even though the rocker shaft is removed? at work now just thinking but will get to it asap

Yes, I would bet on a cracked spring. If thats the case, replace them all.

mine are the ones that came with the cam kit from full throttle

Does the noise effect power? I know my roller makes allot of racket at idle but I don't hear it while driving and it makes a ton of power up top.

Does the noise effect power? I know my roller makes allot of racket at idle but I don't hear it while driving and it makes a ton of power up top.
24lbs of boost was the last time I had it out, but just driving it it sonds horrible.Not something I want to take a chance and hope it is not causing more damage...

Make sure the Piston and Valve didn't have sex during this ordeal

Your the one thats Screwed if they did :frown:

Stock rockers, rattling around on the shaft is a great source for noise.
A good set of T&D's is a cure...

Back