You can type here any text you want

roller lifter problem?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Check your valve springs, are they Comp 26918 or 26915? If they're 26918's are they the newer version or the older? If they're 26915's, get some 26918's newer version... And cryo. them.

K.

Check your valve springs, are they Comp 26918 or 26915? If they're 26918's are they the newer version or the older? If they're 26915's, get some 26918's newer version... And cryo. them.

K.

is this number one the spring or no,the cam I ordered a month ago from full throttle...

is this number one the spring or no,the cam I ordered a month ago from full throttle...

The part# should be on the box they came in. If they are 26918's and are the newer version they will have a grey/silver appearance to them. If they are the older stock or the 26915's they will have a brownish/gold appearance to them. If you don't have the box for the part#, your best bet is to have them checked on a spring pressure tester.

K.

STOP!!!!!!!Hold up before putting everything back together.......

Did you check your install height before you put the valve springs?

Did you calculate your total lift and compared it to the spring's coil bind?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Motor was all fresh and done with stock rockers all bind etc was checked then.Drove 600 miles before noise started...now got this rattle.....

Motor was all fresh and done with stock rockers all bind etc was checked then.Drove 600 miles before noise started...now got this rattle.....

Just a thought, try removing the serpentine belt and see if the noise goes away.

What kind of tool are you guys using to remove these valve springs without removing the heads? Kirban's tool? I want to change my springs and seals without removing the heads. I also have some thick shaft rockers that I bought a few years back, are these the desired rocker/shaft assemblies? The shafts look almost chrome and definitely thicker than stockers.
Tim

Back