You can type here any text you want

Roller rocker bearing replacment ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

N2BUICK

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Can someone advise us on replacing the roller rocker bearings in T&D type shaft roller rockers?
Has anyone ever been successful as this ? We have acquired the correct bearings. Thought that the removal would be easy (not !)
I fear that the most common answer is send them back to T&D.
Looking for input anyway.
What made you think you needed to replace the bearings, someone may think.
Removed the rocker shaft from one side of the motor, in prepairing to check some valve springs, which are suspect. I let the rockers slide on the shaft, and before I knew it, many needle bearings had fallen though the mounting holes in the shaft ?
TMI I know, but this is what lead to the above question

You have to support the rocker and have something to press through using a hydraulic press. A large socket works well on the bottom. Its not too bad to do. You can order caged bearings

Bison
Thanks for the reply. Its good to see someone has done it. We have tried removing one with an inside puller and a slide hammer. Just broke off the edge of the bearing case. Looks like the press might be better.

bison is completely right, you need some sort of press to do it and the rocker MUST be supported so you don't damage it.

Back