Roller rockers

Shaun Frank

Iam looking for information on where I can get roller rockers 1.55 ratio for stock iron heads. I was wondering if there is some rockers that don't need any grinding and medications to the heads. If not what are some decent ones with minimal modifications.

Unless you buy after market heads, or heads modified for rollers, you will need to modify your heads.Some rockers don't need the pedestals modified as much as others, but they will need to be modified. Sorry.

Champion Iron Heads are ready right out of the box for roller rocker set-up.

Chuck

What has to be done to the pedestals for the Harland Sharp rockers?? Anyone have pics??

Here ya go Kevin.

Attachments

• 100_0590.jpg
    100_0590.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 245
Sorry guys I forgot I posted something. But my mechanic had a gn for 18 years and he told me to buy roller rockers because after the car warms up it starts to tick. We opened up the intake and changed the lifters but same noise. He told me if I buy roller rockers he can adjust the clearance

Sorry guys I forgot I posted something. But my mechanic had a gn for 18 years and he told me to buy roller rockers because after the car warms up it starts to tick. We opened up the intake and changed the lifters but same noise. He told me if I buy roller rockers he can adjust the clearance
do you have roller lifters/ hydraulic cam? Mine ticks like a sewing machine until warmed up. then ticks like a sewing machine one room over ;) no issues with this and im used to the noise.

Before I would bother with roller rockers, I would change the cam sensor.

I know of more that one turbo car when new in 1987 and others, that had a cam sensor tick, so I would try changing that before doing the roller rockers. Maybe someone has a spare one for you to try?

Just like I am "guessing", so is your mechanic, but I like to approach an issue with the easy, simple things first. :)

I know of lots of owners that have had their GN for more than 18 years, that does not necessarily make them a "GN expert"!

Agreed with Nick. Roller rockers should tick LESS once warmed up and installed correctly.