ROUND 2 My "ER" Visit! I am down but not out!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
As many of you know I have bad problems with kidney stones... I had another severe attack yesterday, worst one yet. I was at my dealership and called someone to come get me and carry me home. I was hurting so bad I couldn't breath, my face and hands went numb. Well about 1/2 way I thought I was going to black out so we called the Rescue Squad. They were super and gave me some oxygen on the way to the hospital. I wanted to go to my local hospital but this RS only went to the hospital in its county. Didn't matter it was the same distance, but I get the rules...

Got there my breathing was all messed up, O2 levels way down, high pulse, and bp... They gave me a specimen cup and when I was done it was BLOOD RED! I mean nothing but blood:eek: So I am thinking they are going to give me something for pain when they saw this right... NOPE, told me to have a seat. People ahead of me had already been there 4-5 hours... My mom asked could they give me more O2 or pain meds and all she got was "when they call him back.":mad:

Well while waiting, it became apparent that one of the local docs was closed until today. So many were there for sinusitis and such... A girl came in from a wreck and was shaking and crying so bad I thought she was going to wig out... Guess were she was, waiting behind me... This girl was bad off and they were going to treat colds before her!

Well I got right up, best I could, and walked out. If I was going to die I rather have died in my bed then in a damn waiting room:mad: Called my doc and told him I would be there in the morning. One of the longest nights of my life, but I made it:biggrin: Went this morning and got some meds so I may be out of it for a day or too. He says I have a severe infection along with the stone so...

I guess I should get used to this as the Gov wants to take over healthcare, but that is for another forum...

Rough night, way to suck it up and take it the hard way.

Hope you get to feeling better quick, kidney stones are no joke!!

Man get better.. you got a big show to put on in a few months, never had stones..yet but i got sugar issues real bad..prolly be on insulin in 10 yrs

Mike

Hope you feel better soon Shane. That sucks about the ER. But its not bad yet...bad is coming.....

I had them twice and i feel your pain brother. Actually spent New Years Eve in the hospital on the way to Key West one year for them.

Man sorry to hear about that. I can only imagine the pain you were in. Hope you are up and at it soon and feeling better.

Been there done that. Feel your pain. I work in a nursing home as my regular day job and had an attack and the nurses had no idea what was wrong with me. They couldn't even do my blood pressure correctly. SCARY. Ended up taking a 1 mile ambulance ride to Yale New Haven and they wheeled me right in to a room. Got a good shot of morphine for the pain. They really took good care of me while I was there. Our own nurses at work sucked though. Had my own private room and was there about 4 hours before my wife picked me up.

They did a cat scan while I was there and saw that I had four stones, ended up passing 2 in the hospital and 1 at home, 3 years later and the 4th one is still rattling around in there somewhere.:biggrin:

Wow bud, soory to hear about that! Jeni had a kidney stone attack when she was 7 months pregnant. They had to "go in" with a small basket type thing a ma jig and scoop them out.

She said it was worse than child birth:eek:

Get better big man!

Hi Shane I had one onetime went to the bathroom nothing happened and then I could't make it back the the bed. help help Get well soon.

Shane

That's odd that you had to wait in the waiting room after being transported in via emergency medical services. Around here, if one is transported in, they are taking right into the ER.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

That sucks. I've been in the ER with those too. Luckily, I didn't go through that much aggravation. I did get taken back and got a shot of morhine. A few hours later the doc went in and got it out. Since then I would bet you I've passed 30 of them suckers. Just passed one 2 weeks ago while in Target:eek: I can tell when one is about to act up. That's when I drink water to the point of near vomiting. Glass after glass 20 oz at a time. Then I do cardio exercises to keep the stone from settling. Then piss like a horse until stone pops out. I have a nice little collection going! Good luck to you, you really are gonna need it. They are extremely painful and very hard to get relief.

Shane

That's odd that you had to wait in the waiting room after being transported in via emergency medical services. Around here, if one is transported in, they are taking right into the ER.

That is what I thought too... They knew I couldn't breath good too so that was the scariest part...

That sucks. I've been in the ER with those too. Luckily, I didn't go through that much aggravation. I did get taken back and got a shot of morhine. A few hours later the doc went in and got it out. Since then I would bet you I've passed 30 of them suckers. Just passed one 2 weeks ago while in Target:eek: I can tell when one is about to act up. That's when I drink water to the point of near vomiting. Glass after glass 20 oz at a time. Then I do cardio exercises to keep the stone from settling. Then piss like a horse until stone pops out. I have a nice little collection going! Good luck to you, you really are gonna need it. They are extremely painful and very hard to get relief.

I do start vomiting, it is like I get a complete shut down... Wow sounds like you are a veteran, I feel for you!

get better shane...i drink lots of beer :biggrin: helps with pain,passes the stones.....

kirban 2 cents worth

Both my wife and I have had kidney stones....for males it is like a woman giving child birth. hard to believe such small grains of grit sand whatever can cause so much pain.

Hit me at nite my wife could not drive my GN fast enough to the hospital. Got real lucky the main doctor on was related to a person that makes parts for us loaded me up with morphine.

I still remember the sign on the door to my room. "Strain all urine".....

We drink bottled water....

Nothing out of the tap....

Anyone that has had kidney stones remembers when and where they had them....

Take care....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Waiting in a hospital waiting room.....is like waiting in line at your local post office.....