You can type here any text you want

Roush Mustang??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sagecoach

there's a kid with a Roush Mustang down the block who keeps coming by my house and blasting his loud mufflers (he sees my GN in the driveway). I need to know what year it is ect so I can make sure I have enough HP to bust his a$$ when I finally get fed up with him.
Here goes. It has the 3 large taillights on each side, it has a black wide strip under the license tag that goes about 80% across the rear of the car. A high suspended wing across the trunk. And these fiberglas "ground effects" for rocker panels which end with square exhaust pipes right before the rear tires like the late 60's Corvettes. It has a huffer because I can hear it whistle. Any idea which year it is???? They all look alike to me, but I think that square exhaust may be year specific.

If it says RS3 on it anywhere be careful and do not bet any money... unless your packing a punch.

Roush has a few different stages (packages) available...... like stated above, beware. Some of them run very well.

I think the first stages are just suspension and gauges. The supercharged one is a bad boy thats the Rs3. We had one come through the auction. It moved out real good. We have had a couple non supercharged ones come through and they seemed stock with suspension upgrades. They look killer .Good luck

I'm pretty sure the rs-1 is just a suspension and dress-up package. The rs2 and rs3 are supercharged. The rs3 is the bad boy, expensive, and not too streetable. So I'm about 90% sure this one is an rs2. It says "Roush" on the trunk and has a black and red roush square badge on the front fenders.I think The key here is the year. I think they made the rs2 with anywhere from 300 to 550 HP depending upon the year. That's why I hoped to find someone here who was familiar enough with them to know which year had the exhaust exiting in front of the back wheels with the square tips.

Looks like it's a 2001-2003. Found some on ebay with the side exhausts.

Well I've got a stage 2 race car that runs 8's that will blow the ugly doors off of it, but I need to use my street GN on him.
On my street GN I'm runnin 19# of boost, red's 93 chip. Hot-wired fuel pump, a te-44, stock injectors and ic. Kenne bell fresh air ram air kit, 3 inch thdp. I've ordered Red's XP fuel pump(not here yet).
My research says he's got either 360 hp with that 2001 or 2002 Mustang.
How much HP do you think I can get out of my combo with the proper tuning? Will I need an alky kit? Thanks

more fuel and alky. it'll be close but I think you should give it a go...

I'm pretty sure the rs-1 is just a suspension and dress-up package. The rs2 and rs3 are supercharged. The rs3 is the bad boy, expensive, and not too streetable. So I'm about 90% sure this one is an rs2. It says "Roush" on the trunk and has a black and red roush square badge on the front fenders.I think The key here is the year. I think they made the rs2 with anywhere from 300 to 550 HP depending upon the year. That's why I hoped to find someone here who was familiar enough with them to know which year had the exhaust exiting in front of the back wheels with the square tips.

The RS3 is just as driveable on the street as a regular Mustang, until you punch the go pedal :wink: I just test drove one last Thursday. With the Roush Goodies it was 63.995.00

Dont even think about messing with something called a super snake....

The RS3 is just as driveable on the street as a regular Mustang, until you punch the go pedal :wink: I just test drove one last Thursday. With the Roush Goodies it was 63.995.00

Dont even think about messing with something called a super snake....

This one is a 2001 though. 360 hp. I think those new ones are 500+ hp.

alky kit or race gas,25psi and a healthy amount of timing,drag radials,and leave on him hard, 550 or 360 it wont matter,it will take him forever to run you down.

Definatlly a 2v roush. Same motor found in the 96-04 mustang gt. If it's 99+ it has a better set of heads known as pi, the older style heads are npi and suck ass. If its the s3 then it will have an m-90 eaton on it, which is a very weak blower. Without methanol, a smaller sc pulley, and tune he's looking at about 320rwhp and about the same tq. They are low 13sec cars stock but have potential to run 11's with the right set of mods.

I for one would not be concerned, run him from a roll and you will more than likelly walk him. The cobra is the only stock mustang to worry about imo. They have dohc 32v engines and 03+ come stock with blower, bullit proof engine capable of 800rwhp in stock form:eek:

Those year 2V Mustangs aren't very impressive even with an SC. You should smoke him with the mods you have. That car is prolly good for low to mid 13's even with exhaust work.

I dunno....RS3 is actually rated lower than the GT500 and I've never been impressed with those GT500's on the street...
Lots of power....no go...never lost to one...not even the modded one I beat up on at Fontana in the video linked in my sig.

Even the Super Snake with all it's bhp was only ET'd by Motortrend at a 12.0...presumably on street tires but with a skilled driver would be my assumption.

Look at his back tires. If he doesnt have DR's and your car is low 11 high 12 car and hooks decent youll leave him from a dig or slow roll.

I dunno....RS3 is actually rated lower than the GT500 and I've never been impressed with those GT500's on the street...
Lots of power....no go...never lost to one...not even the modded one I beat up on at Fontana in the video linked in my sig.

Even the Super Snake with all it's bhp was only ET'd by Motortrend at a 12.0...presumably on street tires but with a skilled driver would be my assumption.

The roush cars with the factory roush tune are actually nothing to impressive. The 550 hsp rating is at the crank, not the wheels.

I'm a mustang guy as well as a buick guy. Those Roush mustangs are nothing to fear, especially around that year. Since its a stick car you already have an advantage with your automatic trans. I think you'll walk it.

I'm a mustang guy as well as a buick guy. Those Roush mustangs are nothing to fear, especially around that year. Since its a stick car you already have an advantage with your automatic trans. I think you'll walk it.

I hope so. Still waiting on Red's fuel pump which hasn't come yet. He's running those Ricer tires with the 2 or 3 inch sidewalls. That can't help him either.

OOPS My bad. Just saw those tires from the street . Must be at least 10" wide.

Back