You can type here any text you want

Roush SC 2011 5.0 Mustang runs 10.0 @138mph with stock engine/trans/converter.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_LI816xU7o[/YOUTUBE]

Pretty impressive.

Wonder what mods she had??? To run those kinds of time with a stock trans and motor is unbelievable!!!

The mods were listed at the end of the video, its a $50k car. I use to build them back in the day.

Wow, "back in the day" didn't these card come out like 6 months ago?!?!? LOL just giving you chit! These cars ARE impressive, my anti Ford genes run far too deep...

This car yes, I worked for Roush from 94 till 2000 building the roush mustangs and f150s. I worked in Michigan then they had me open up a shop here in texas because people did not want to wait for their car to be transported to mich to be built then shipped back down here. But the salesman for this region sold just enough to make his living but not enough to support the shop so they fired him and closed the building here. They wanted me to move back up to Mi. but i just bought a house here after 9/11 so the economy was crap to try and sell. Besides it was november and i hate snow :D I just dont see the point in buying a new car then replacing new parts that you already paid for to put on newer parts just to have a 10 sec car that costs about 40-50k that will depreciate like crazy when you can build a 10 sec car for less than 10k.

This car yes, I worked for Roush from 94 till 2000 building the roush mustangs and f150s. I worked in Michigan then they had me open up a shop here in texas because people did not want to wait for their car to be transported to mich to be built then shipped back down here. But the salesman for this region sold just enough to make his living but not enough to support the shop so they fired him and closed the building here. They wanted me to move back up to Mi. but i just bought a house here after 9/11 so the economy was crap to try and sell. Besides it was november and i hate snow :D I just dont see the point in buying a new car then replacing new parts that you already paid for to put on newer parts just to have a 10 sec car that costs about 40-50k that will depreciate like crazy when you can build a 10 sec car for less than 10k.

That's pretty damn cool! As far as the $$$ goes I've got north of 10 wrapped up in my build, but, the journey was a lot more exciting! ;-)

Someone on here posted a 11 mustang running mid 9 second passes on a stock drivetrain with just bolt ons a month or so back. I searched but could not find it. That new 5.0 can really scream if you want it to. There is a new stang running around here that I caught at the gas station it had no back seat from the factory:confused: but he had a charger on it and some other stuff done . he said he ran 10.80 with a 1.9 sixty foot:eek: The guy was older .

Someone on here posted a 11 mustang running mid 9 second passes on a stock drivetrain with just bolt ons a month or so back. I searched but could not find it. That new 5.0 can really scream if you want it to. There is a new stang running around here that I caught at the gas station it had no back seat from the factory:confused: but he had a charger on it and some other stuff done . he said he ran 10.80 with a 1.9 sixty foot:eek: The guy was older .

The only mustang that i know of that came from the factory without a back seat was the 2000 cobra r with the 5.4 4v, i would not know about anything newer than an 02 though.

The new 2011/12 boss has a special edition called the laguna seca edition. It has no back seat,instead has a big seat brace similar to ours.

Kinda starting to make the Buicks seem insignificant, doesnt it. :frown:

After 25 years isn't it about time.

Compare an 87 GN to a 62 Fairlaine... Same difference x 5. Look at todays technology vs 1962.

After 25 years isn't it about time.

Compare an 87 GN to a 62 Fairlaine... Same difference x 5. Look at todays technology vs 1962.

And let's not forget we're still comparing a V6 to a V8. Those two holes and extra cubes make a bit of a difference!:)

Yeah anyone wann trade a low 10 sec GN for a 2011 5.0 Mustang? Dang those new stangs are bad. makes you think about getting one!

And let's not forget we're still comparing a V6 to a V8. Those two holes and extra cubes make a bit of a difference!:)

Exactly.

The new 5.0's are impressive. To compare them to our 25 year old cars in kinda silly, but human nature I guess. Considering what a new mustang cost vs what you would spend for an equally quick Buick, you will still probably come out ahead with a GN, but the GN is obviously not as refined as the modern muscle cars we are seeing now..

Back