You can type here any text you want

RSX (what a joke)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85 TR

There is a guy driving around town in a new type s RSX the thing looks like it is sponsored by a mag or sombody? it has the huge aluminum wing and huge graphics on the side and its droped on 18s

I happened to pass this guy last night after getting my wastgate fixed and was looking for a race. we kinda played back and forth on a windy road for a while at 50-60 I thought i was gonna crash my car hanldes like crap but anyway.
the first straight away we come to we both punch it imediatly and I pull a car lenght in about 2 seconds and even faster to another car lenght on him then he lets out and wouldnt even mess with me anore.
why do these guys have cars that look straight out of the fast and the ferious and they dont even run `14s what a joke.

Hah, what a joke!
I cant stand how they mess with people...usually knowing full well that they'll likely be beaten by anything..even a dodge caravan or something of that sort!!
:eek:
And I guess these guys prefer to "look fast" rather than be fast..and I have still yet to figure out the exact purpose of those huge wings..an RSX is FWD, right??
Why not invest the money on a front spoiler..rather than a spaceship wing??
Whether this is a FWD car or not..all those civics etc out there w/the huge wings, I cant help laughing at them, lol if you ever get a chance..just ask them what that wing is for..

Yea, RSX's are FWD. I don't like those cars at all but I know so many people who want them my age. I give them my arguement (yea it may be a good looking car now for some, but what happens when you're like 24 and driving what looks to be an 18 year old's car?) and then after a few moments most of them just nod and agree with me. Personally I think they're horribly ugly cars and for a FWD car they're fast but still slow on the grand scale of things.

good kill, but not all ...>>>>

not all cars that look like the fast and furios are slow, i have actually raced a few skylines myself, and i can say that i have actually raced the yellow one that is on the movie fast and furious, raced sean, that is the guys name works for Motorex out of Gardena California, we went from a 60 mph roll on the freeway, Mannnnnnnn that thing is fast, put about 4 cars on me in no time and pulling hard, anyway, i also know he ran 10.7 at palmdale here in cali, with 30plus psi and C16 with and 160shot of NOS his mile per hour was like 137 or something like that, if you ever see that car on the streets, do not mess with him unless you have slicks and putting out 700plus more horses to the rear wheels. just a warning..:eek:

Skylines are sweet cars that are fast to begin with. They're AWD and a twin-turbo V6. The RSX is a FWD iVTEC inline-4. 99% of them will never be what the majority of people who truly know about cars consider fast. Good kill, eventually when we put enough true rice in it's place it will fade out to some extent.

I'm sure the car is fast, wicked87,but think about the car from fast and the furious runs a 10.7 and it probably took the guy 8 times what it would cost to do it in a gn. Also it doesn't take 700 h.p to run a 10.7 my car would probably do it if i put the pair of ported irons i have on along with a ported intake and cam. I m not saying the cars can't be made fast but who really wants to spend 80 grand to do something that can be done in any other american muscle car for under 10 grand plus the price of the car. We have ricers all over town, all i can do is laugh, must suck when the one's that are considered "fast" run high 13's.

Hit the nail right on the head....

Just to get a skyline to the u.s., certified and all is going to cost you 60k from motorex. Then you have youself a 13 sec car. With 60k a gn can be a stage 2 in the single digits. the skyline is a badass car and i would love to have one but with enough money ANYTHING can be fast.

yes indeed but.....

But the fact of the matter is, there are some ricers out there that will take out a GN anytime, including the skyline which i consider at the top of the food chain of ricer cars, this yellow car (big bird) as they call it, has a stock motor,stock trannie, aftermarket turbos(7,000), bigger injectors (500.00), front mount intercooler,(1,700), gutted so it prolly weights about 3,200 pounds if not less, it has a nice exaust system, not riced out, (160 shot of NOS) going to be 200 in about a month, and also going to bigger turbos, i am sure the car will be in the 9's soon, with Nittos all around < putting out 700 to the wheels at 30+ psi, I said not to shabby for a Nissan with stock motor and trannie, but your right, after adding all those mods i can buy me a whole new GN. but hey i be the 1st one to admit, if i find a skyline on the streets , i would worry about racing him, unless he is close to stock or stock period, my car runs decent but those things can lanch like a bad at out hell, i know i can beat them cause i have done it not 1 but 2 of them, but once modded , watch out...

Originally posted by 85 TR
There is a guy driving around town in a new type s RSX the thing looks like it is sponsored by a mag or sombody? it has the huge aluminum wing and huge graphics on the side and its droped on 18s

I'll bet it wasn't even a real Type-S.

why do these guys have cars that look straight out of the fast and the ferious and they dont even run `14s what a joke.

Because they think horsepower/liter wins races.

Originally posted by Cryptic
Skylines are sweet cars that are fast to begin with. They're AWD and a twin-turbo V6.
I do believe the Skyline is an in-line 6.

the skyline which i consider at the top of the food chain of ricer cars
How can you consider a Skyline a ricer car?:o

If its made overseas by japanese people.

if its made overseas in my book, is a ricer. :D on steroids.. steroids being the Turbos on it...

Wicked 87 your ran 11.5 with your combo, i would be happy with that time with the mods i have done ,or should i expect more out of it.What am trying to ask is it possible to run low 11's with my combo, as is? with c-16 and a race chip of course.

hmmmm i say.

get an airbag for your passanger side, it will help on the launch and also some 28 inch tall slicks and you should be there, at 26psi no problem.. and remember tunning is the key to going fast without breaking anything..:cool:

Great kill, if its anything I hate, its ricers thinkin they are the sh**

BlackBeauty you are right in that the Skyline is an I-6. That's a mistake on my part due to the fact I was in a rush :)

I already have a pair of hoosier quick times pros sitting in the garage for the track, i went with 27" tall tires though. I have an air bag also, that is included in my sig when i say "and all of the other **** that everyone has"

Originally posted by booooosted 6
I'm sure the car is fast, wicked87,but think about the car from fast and the furious runs a 10.7 and it probably took the guy 8 times what it would cost to do it in a gn. Also it doesn't take 700 h.p to run a 10.7 my car would probably do it if i put the pair of ported irons i have on along with a ported intake and cam. I m not saying the cars can't be made fast but who really wants to spend 80 grand to do something that can be done in any other american muscle car for under 10 grand plus the price of the car. We have ricers all over town, all i can do is laugh, must suck when the one's that are considered "fast" run high 13's.

True. Why buy a Skyline when you can spend $4000 on a TR and another $3000 or so on mods and save $73,000 for that lifetime supply of Skoal. And autocrossing? Bahh. That ain't worth $73 Gs in Skoal.
:confused:

I was reading on a neon web site where somebody asked about the RSX and somebody replied "my friend has an RSX and my neon kicked his ass"

The Honda crowd told the guy he didn't know what he was talking about, how he was an idiot, etc... but it turned out his "friend" was top 5 in the particular SCCA Crapbox class they race in and races speedvision touring cars and the neon guy had 20 years of REAL (not internet bench) racing experience and both cars were scca race prepped. He had facts, figures, dates and specifics. It's just that originally he felt "my neon kicked his ass" was concise and to the point and required no further elaboration.

the Honda crowd shut up real quick.

Originally posted by booooosted 6

:rolleyes: Alot of people still don't get it..... LOOK at a SKYLINE :D and then LOOK at a Regal :( . C'mon 70% think its a Monte and the other 20% think it a piece of $%#@. The other 10% love but thats just us. Try telling your wife or gf to get in your new car :p

Back