You can type here any text you want

RSX (what a joke)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
automorph

what are you talking about? gn's are one of the meanest looking cars out there ? they look hell of lot better than any ricer out there ? frankly i don't care what anyone thinks of my car, i like it and that is all that matters. the fact that no one knows what it is makes it that much better when they see my brake lights.

automorph, i dissagree with you.

yes i do look at the skylines, to be honest i am not impressed whatsover with thier looks, not one bit, they are just plain looking cars, other than what the power plan they carrie and what it can do, not impress with the looks at all, on the other hand most people see my car, and they drool, thumbs up and sH*&^ like that, i am sure you know what i am talking about, GN's look killer, and trust me, people do know what they are, or else they would not be afraid to do a little light to light action. hehehehe ;) , not to mention the just poop in thier pants if i said lets go the whole 1/4...:eek:

Re: automorph, i dissagree with you.

Yea all those high dollar Porsche 911 AWD TTs, Lamborgspaginis, Ferraris, etc...are all crap compared to what you can do with a Turbo Regal and its steering wheel pointed straight. Where I live, the road never turns. I don' t even have to turn to get home 'cause my trailer is right on the side of the road. What were those rich idiots thinking?

Thats great :D Everyone replying now farms for a livin......:rolleyes: from John Deere to a Regal. C'mon true auto enthusiasts know that a REAL car goes fast straight, in turns, brakes well and DOSEN"T FLY off the road at 145mph. IT IS NOT that hard to go fast in a straight line. AT LEAST appreciate a well designed PACKAGE car you *hicks* hick "Does someone have the hiccups?" :D All in good fun majority of BUICK people need to appreciate imports because real domestic people don't really think highly of us either. V6?? ohhhh why not BBC?

IMHO, the cost issue and bang for the buck is moot. If you have enough cash to spend (ie Skyline, Viper, Porsche), then spend it! If I had a car like that and got spanked by a $5000 Mustang or TR, I'd still think to myself "I got spanked by an old $5K car, so what!". Not everyone's goal is to bang out 10 second 1/4 mile times. Some people actually look for other qualities in a car! LOL :D

automorph..

"...a REAL car goes fast straight, in turns, brakes well and DOSEN"T FLY off the road at 145mph."

So I don't have a "Real" car now?? When was the last time you got up to 145 mph on the road?? That's just silly talk, if my GN flips over at 140 mph, good, I shouldn't have been going that fast :P Some people like going fast in a straight line. My GN can pull more "Gs" on launch than a Lambo, Ferrari, Viper, can in a corner, so which one is more fun to drive? That's opinion, man.

I do respect all cars, just about, for their merits. An RSX is a nice, sporty, well priced car. Would I buy it?? NO! Would somebody with half a brain try to race me in one?? Nope. The point is the rice-boy got his "cummupins", and that's ALL that matters :D

Re: automorph..

Originally posted by Weazel
".So I don't have a "Real" car now?? When was the last time you got up to 145 mph on the road??

Heh heh us TTA's have that advantage, 148-149 regularly on SM2 :D

Did you ever notice that ricers worship the RWD imports?

Supra
RX-7
300ZX
350Z
Skyline [Awd and Rwd versions]
Lancer Evo [AWD]
Subaru STi [AWD]
Silvia
FTO
3000GT VR4 [AWD]
Eclipse GSX [AWD]
NSX
S2000

Ricer's just wish they had RWD cars that actually could go fast.

Originally posted by 90TGP

Supra
RX-7
300ZX
350Z
Lancer Evo [AWD]
Subaru STi [AWD]
Silvia
FTO
3000GT VR4 [AWD]
Eclipse GSX [AWD]
NSX
S2000

Yeah, the majority of those cars listed actually are quick. Notice that a majority of them also come with factory turbos (I saw the light... it's the only way to go). Don't forget the Mr2 turbo (have to add that one, since I used to own one;) ). None of those are "ricer" cars, unless they fall into the hands of a ricer. But that's another story, cause any car can be riced out.

To 90GTP:
I noticed in your signature that you drive a Turbo Grand Prix. I would just like to know if there are any websites or car clubs that would have any info on cars like yours. I just wanted to know beacause it sounds really neat, and I would like to learn more about them.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

*Corrections

Originally posted by 90TGP

Supra
RX-7
300ZX
350Z
Silvia
FTO <---------
NSX
S2000

You use the word Ricer more than my friend does, and thats the only word in his vocabulary..

I own a Eclipse, does that make me a ricer? No, my car looks 100% stock, buts its got a Hahn Racecraft turbo kit.... not everyone that drives an import, is a ricer, true a HUGE majority
of the people who gay up their cars, give the rest of of a bad name. Now i like Eclipses and GN's Personaly i would rather have the gn, but Insurence is a major factor....

The Mitsubishi FTO is a 2.4L V6 (GXP = Turbo. Others wernt turbo) FWD Car with a 6spd or a 4sp auto.

I just caught this and had to put a stop to your evil plot of "misinformationating" the TR guys here :p

Ran out of time

**** i couldnt edit it agian, sorry i had to post more than once,

Coreections, it is GPX not GXP GPX Is turb, GP aero, GP, GX aero

and GX were non turbo 4cyl 2.0 versions. the GPX is 2.499

Displacement, sorry i said 2.4L i ment 2.5L forgot about the 99....

GPX Is turbo, all plat forms are FWD Setting, the GPX's 239hp

(flywheel) 276FW tourqe, all are Right hand drive, otheres went

from 176hp to 120... and the GPX went a avarage of 14.2 at

98mph, along with a best of 13.8 at 100, (btw most of my info is

jumbles bwteen sites so hp specs may be off a tad)

btw when i tried to edit the post in, i said they all come in 6spd or

4spd auto, i was wrong, i thoguht thats what it was, soon to find

out it was 5spd MT 5spd AT

but hell, all the specs are on this site.

http://www.j-garage.com/mitsubishi/FTO/spec97.html

Well hope you learned a bit lol anyways seeya.

-Cody

I test drove one. I really like the 9K redline. It is like the energizer bunny (keeps on going, and going, and going). Has a very nice interior, leather everywhere. 6 spd manual, moon/sun roof, gets good gas mileage, and has 200hp. It is a very nice car for the price, but it isnt fast by any means. Was choosing between that and the WRX. Went with the turbo AWD.:D

Nick

wow posted this march of 02, it was a type s(SAW HIM AT THE TRACK 15.00 ) and my car later ran a 14.2 badly tuned. I cant believe this thread went on this long HAVE NOT HAD A COUMPUTER FOR A LOG TIME. I now own a 1990 eclipse GSX that i love RUNS GREATand i gaurentee that i am not A RICE BOY . I HAVE PUT MY LAST YEAR INTO MY REGAL WITH NO rewards(some day ill see 12.ss? but i can tell you all, i wasnt calling out imports becouse i have been beat by them and am young unuff to like them but i dont understand why you would put huge stickers and a wing on a slow car. I was intiminated and thought he would kill me but it waw all looks and i know i had a very slow t-regal but i have always been disapointed by cars that are made to look fast and arent

i would never race a skyline thats a great car not a honda

Check out your drivetrain (rear end torque covert). Those upgrades should have you sub 14's. The people I bought my torque converter from sent me a 1600 stall and I didnt think to check it, couldnt break into the 13's, and the tranny broke 4 times in 1 summer. Finally noticed it was 1600, swapped it for a 2800. Last time at the track I ran a 13 flat and was squirly 1/2 way down it.:mad: Got to get some better tires.

Nick

Originally posted by I eat Z06
I test drove one. I really like the 9K redline. It is like the energizer bunny (keeps on going, and going, and going). Has a very nice interior, leather everywhere. 6 spd manual, moon/sun roof, gets good gas mileage, and has 200hp. It is a very nice car for the price, but it isnt fast by any means. Was choosing between that and the WRX. Went with the turbo AWD.:D

Nick

shyt man i know lol i wish i had one, it would be impractical. being a Right hand drive car, but their so ****ing cool!!! loland when you take someone home, they would probaly try to go for the drivers side instead of the passanger rofl lol

-cody

Originally posted by 85 TR
wow posted this march of 02, went on this long. I now own a 1990 eclipse GSX that i love RUNS GREATand i gaurentee that i am not A RICE BOY . i would never race a skyline thats a great car not a honda

lol gsx niiiiice choice, i would rather have a gsx for the luxury but once agian TURBO, HIGH RISK, is a insurence problem... lol shhh the insurence company doesnt know about my bolt on turbo kit lol illegal you say? yes i know. but idfc lol

The RSX-S's with JDM powerplants and turbocharged are pretty fast. They make over 250whp. Which isnt much, but those cars are really light and aerodynamic. Plus all the carbon fiber body panels available to lighten it up more. Wouldnt run with a buick, but that dosnt mean it isnt fast.

Nick

NO it does NOT!! LOL If that Skyline is a 12 second car it will be lucky! I believe that CC or C&D tested all ther F&F cars and the Camaro was the fastest.. 12's..

Originally posted by booooosted 6
I'm sure the car is fast, wicked87,but think about the car from fast and the furious runs a 10.7 and it probably took the guy 8 times what it would cost to do it in a gn. Also it doesn't take 700 h.p to run a 10.7 my car would probably do it if i put the pair of ported irons i have on along with a ported intake and cam. I m not saying the cars can't be made fast but who really wants to spend 80 grand to do something that can be done in any other american muscle car for under 10 grand plus the price of the car. We have ricers all over town, all i can do is laugh, must suck when the one's that are considered "fast" run high 13's.

Back