You can type here any text you want

Running hard vacuum lines.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

robertf

So I'm deleting the vacuum block on the TB. I want to run my lines from a 1' plenum spacer to keep things tidy looking. I'm thinking hard plastic lines will work and I've seen fittings that you just push the line in and it locks in. My question is, will these fittings hold the lines in under boost? Has anyone had experience with doing this?
Many thanks in advance.

Deisel truck air brake lines work well. Or any barbed fitting with a tie-wrap works good, too. 3/16" and 1/4" double flare brake lines are cool if you are skilled at bending steel lines. Most are not, though. You can buy a billet vacuum block and use black silicone vacuum hose for a nice look. (But make sure the fittings are sealed and tight, as I have found most of them loose out of the box!). (EVERY aftermarket part I buy gets MY personal inspection....... Most if not ALL need some sort of attention)

Damn, that's a good idea and I just put my intake back in. Wish I seen this earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm deleting the vacuum block on the TB. I want to run my lines from a 1' plenum spacer to keep things tidy looking. I'm thinking hard plastic lines will work and I've seen fittings that you just push the line in and it locks in. My question is, will these fittings hold the lines in under boost? Has anyone had experience with doing this?
Many thanks in advance.
Yes the push-lock fittings will hold high boost without any problem. I've had them on my car for a few years now and none ever blew off. Bought them at Cotton's. (y)
Claude. ;)

Damn, that's a good idea and I just put my intake back in. Wish I seen this earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can use a 1 inch spacer without removing your intake. The Don Cruz spacer has 2 threaded holes already. I'm adding 2 more in the front.

LOL. Just getting started. Having the spacer drilled/tapped as we speak. Trust me, its gonna happen. You'll see first hand.
Can't wait to see the progress you've made on your car. If you ever need a hand, let me know.

David, Pics or it didn't happen...
Here:…

Claude.
DSCN4639.JPG

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 204
Coach, I just noticed your 'alky log' - pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It looked better when it was on my AC lines like it was meant too.
When I added my EGT bungs to my headers...the probe hit the AC lines off the back of the compressor. Had to remove them.

Effin hate you Coach....HATE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BTW this is Larry Smith from Facebook :)

Can you post an updated pic when installed?
Thinking of going this route.

Back