running rich

black-gn

my 86 is running rich and i want to know if i'm running 42 1/2 poston injector, 93 red armstrong chip and stock mass airflow sensor will it make it run rich because on my scanmaster the O2 read close to 900 when i pull off, after the car has sat along time. what can the problem be? thank you for your help

check your fuel pressure if you don't have a gauge on your car put one on it's handy, at idle what is your fuel pressure static reading should be 40 psi (vacuum line off) do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator if so adjust to 40psi and then check you're scanmaster with a trial run and adjust accordingly lower fuel to reduce/raise to increase 02's.

onefastcar said:
check your fuel pressure if you don't have a gauge on your car put one on it's handy, at idle what is your fuel pressure static reading should be 40 psi (vacuum line off) do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator if so adjust to 40psi and then check you're scanmaster with a trial run and adjust accordingly lower fuel to reduce/raise to increase 02's.
i have a fuel pressure gauge and everthing is correct but still running rich

could be bad 02 sensor if ya got a friend with one swap if not buy one at a parts house and replace pretty cheap, mine was actually cracked when i pulled mine out, let me know.