You can type here any text you want

Running too hot

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ediberto_diaz

My car is running very hot. Need a mechanic turborick is too far south car will probably blow up on me if i got that far. I need someone locar to look at my car. I dont know much than to chang oil, spark plugs, brakes, waxing and washing it. Thanx, 708 705-3376

Running to hot

Hey thanks for responding guys. Yeah im in melrose park. Definitely i want someone other than me to look at this car. It would probably have to be on the weekends cause i work afternoons. Good hear that theres someone that close to me who knows about these cars.

Just few things to check, check the oil to see if there is milk shake? Did this happen after a few 3rd gear full throttle passes? Does the fan come on? How high is the temp? I hope it's not the HG:eek:

Prasad

Got It

I got it guys!!!!:D I drove my car to work today. As soon as i got to work i popped the hood and noticed that the frieken fan was not working. I checked it and noticed one of the wires that connects it came was disconnected. Connected the wire and ran the car for a bit it was running at 180 that should be good right?

I got it guys!!!!:D I drove my car to work today. As soon as i got to work i popped the hood and noticed that the frieken fan was not working. I checked it and noticed one of the wires that connects it came was disconnected. Connected the wire and ran the car for a bit it was running at 180 that should be good right?

That should be fine, do you have a 160 thermostat or 180? Do you have FM?

not sure what thermo i have but i bought 160. i will install it this weekend. whats FM? yeah i have an FM radio and cd player. jk what is that

fm

i have the stock intercooler. Hey i was running royal purple in my car. what other oil do u recommend to use that purple hurt my pockets last time so i really dont want to use it. thanx!

i have the stock intercooler. Hey i was running royal purple in my car. what other oil do u recommend to use that purple hurt my pockets last time so i really dont want to use it. thanx!

You might try shell rotella t. 15w40. still has a lot zink in it.Good cheap oil for turbo motors.Any parts store should have it.

Well, each is own. What I do is buy any good brand oil that's on sale and add a bottle of ZDDP to it and call it a day. This way you can cut out all the other BS of reading through to find out which oil has what and what not. From what I was told, due to all the emission requirements, the EPA is constantly asking the oil companies to change the oil formulas to cut down pollution. That's why we see oil that had the proper additives once no longer has them. All the new cars have roller cam setup and they have no issues like we have due to the flat tappet cams. Well, I was also told that; tests have shown that ZDDP also helps the roller cam motors too for wear and tear.

Just my $.02

Prasad:cool:

Back