You can type here any text you want

s-10 blazer front brake swap question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LETHALV6

So I picked up the entire front brake setup from a 2004 blazer except the brake lines. I test fit my original lines to the caliper and they seem to fit and lock down perfectly. Is switching to the blazer brake lines required or just something people do with this swap ? The lines seem to be run ok but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks,

It's a direct bolt on and all you should need to do is bleed the brakes and have the car aligned.

Make sure to check the bearing assemblies before installing them. They're sealed so you can't pack them, but if you take them out of the spindle pack the hole with grease, which should help them live longer.

Ok, well I have both assemblies in and when doing the swap on the passenger side I noticed one of the brake lines look like its starting to tear a little so my question is...if I am buying new hoses tomorrow which would I be better to get the GN or the Blazer ?
I heard with the Blazer I have to use an adapter (which im not crazy about) but I understand the routing may be better...but the GN is plug and play, however the length may not be optimum.
I really want to get the front completed tomorrow so I can start swapping out the rear suspension goodies.

It's a catch 22 here. You can go with the GN parts and it will work or you can go with the Blazer. The Blazer hose is ISO hard line and the GN is ASE design. If you take the original lines off and take them to someone that makes hydrolic (sp) lines you can get them made from scratch. Been there done it and it work fine. May take a little longer but I had a braided stainless line made and was very happy with it.

My friend is doing a similar swap using these spindles and i think g8? Rotors and calpers s10 blazer are i guess 12"
and the g8? 13"

will a 15" wheel fit with the s10 blazer will a 16" wheel be needed?

On the g8? Swap a 17" wheel is needed

charlie any idea on what it costs to get hydralic hoses made? Thanks

My friend is doing a similar swap using these spindles and i think g8? Rotors and calpers s10 blazer are i guess 12"
and the g8? 13"

will a 15" wheel fit with the s10 blazer will a 16" wheel be needed?

On the g8? Swap a 17" wheel is needed

charlie any idea on what it costs to get hydralic hoses made? Thanks

Stock GN is 10.5" and the Blazer is 11" James. 15" wheel will fit in most cases. The blazer spindle can be adapted easier to bigger rotors though.

As far as making hoses I haven't had to do it for several years. I think I paid about $40 for the last pair I had made but that was over 10 years ago.

Back