You can type here any text you want

s-10 wheel cylinders

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stizkidz

I just switched to S-10 wheel cylinders on my 87 GN. Did anyone else have a hard time getting these to fit? They are actually bigger than stock wheel cylinders (hence, why we use them) but they seem like they could slip out of position very easilly. The cylinders seem to sit forward more and have less grip on the shoes. Also, those stupid metal clips barely hold them in place. That clip design is abolutely worthless, in my opinion.

S 10

I agree with you, clips are junk and if you keep launching on e brake wheel cylinders will damage backing plates

Switch to discs? :wink: Very lame design with the retention.

Discs would have been nice but at this point I am being stubborn after shelling out the cash for new drum brake parts and alum drums, painting the drums, and installing the said parts (poorly I might add). What happened is, I broke BOTH new clips that came with the new wheel cylinders so I tried to reuse the old ones. They just pop off when the cylinder or brake line moves around. This causes the cylinder to slide out of place and no longer make contact with the shoes. I HATE DRUM BRAKES!

Back