You can type here any text you want

S10 front brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vader87

Protected Freedom for 27 years! Thank a Veteran!
While I was home, I put on the s10 front spindle and brakes from a s10. Was a very easy swap. Bolted right up! The car stops 100% better! Only mod I had to do was grind the brake pad mounts, slightly so they would not rub my Welds. I am talking about very minor grinding. I bit the bullet and bought them from s10wharehouse on ebay. Be careful when ordering them from these guys. The system was complete but I was not happy when I opened the box and the disc were rusted BAD. I had them turned and bought new pads so that was fixed. I also was able to hold more boost with this upgrade. Also NO MORE SQUEEKING!

Is that the 2wd Blazer spindle swap? I read that thread and like the idea of the 2 piston calipers and larger rotors.

How was the clearance at the brake hose/line bracket, did you need to bend it down any? Any clearance problems at the back of the lower control arm at the steering stop so you can keep the same turning radius?

The kit was around $300. As for the line issue, I installed braided lines so I can't answer that question. No other clearence issues.

I got mine from a local junk yard and paid $80.00 for both spindles, hubs, rotors, calipers, shields and even got the old pads. Very easy conversion IMO and no problems with brake line brackets. No grinding required with my 16" GTA wheels. They do make a difference.

Back