You can type here any text you want

S10 mani ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
dont know if the stock manifold will work in a 99 S10???

the stock gn exhaust manifolds or do I need to knotch my firewall some?

or is there a performance mani I can get or what have you?

when i did my swap I found it was way to difficult to fit the later 86/87 units. which is why i went carbed turbo and used a HA elbow and downpipe. the fit is much better but will require some fiberglass work to retain the heater assembly.

since I heard you were planning on running a HA motor anyways, you should be rather OK.

however this is not an easy undertaking, swapping the 3.8 into the S10 just on width of the engine alone. have you considered a typhoon/syclone style of build first? or is you heart set on buick power?

A.j.

im thinking of the buick power not to much on the syclone...and got mounts to be built so it isnt a problem...and im going to run the 86/87 plants for the power options.

(1.) What is this pipe here that runs at the back of the motor along the buttom????

Picture20310.jpg

(2.)Is this the manifold and exhaust pipe tied into each other? and where do I get this part if so..

Picture20315.jpg

(3.)Is this the actual exhaust pipe here?

Picture20316.jpg

(4.)Penlty of clearence on drivers side here...

sonoma20072.jpg

Please help I need all the info I can get here this is a exhausting build and I aint even started yet good...Just trying to figure out this system here thats my only concern...

what you see is the crossover pipe from the driver side manifold to the passenger side.

now add a down-pipe to the mix and you can see how things get really tight.

now, I dont know on that build you have pictured, as to how tightly the crossover tucks under the chassis... but add in a downpipe and im thinking your not going to have any clearance to lay frame with the airbags if you have a 3" downpipe tube routed out the fenderwell then back under the frame.

see why I said the 86/87 exhaust is a pain?

A.j.

but you cant make any power with the ha motors or can you?

but you cant make any power with the ha motors or can you?

thats all subjective my good man,

if you really look at the picture, even with bags I imagine you dont weigh more than 3400lbs. so your already at the advantage... you dont have to make as much horsepower to still be fast. Plus your on bags, going fast isnt really the point right? so think about it.... will a HA motor be enough power for my needs?

but in defense of the HA- there are some options, you could add an intercooler to the exsisting HA setup, convert to the 86/87 ecm, and at the very least - jump to a 86/87 turbo or a TA33. to make up for the lack of inital power... add a small nitrous kit.... sure helps in the looks department to see the blue bottle in the back, just ideas being thrown out there.

it really boils down to how seriously dedicated to doing what you want is, if it has to be 86/87 setup... then there will be compromises to the recipe. if laying frame is the main goal, then your decision has been made and a compromise to the engine should result. When it comes to a hybrid.... there are gives and takes.

im not saying go for the HA motor.... somebody may know the trick to getting the 86/87 exhaust in that I dont know, but all im saying is really weigh your options and see what point of fabrication is easier for your situation. for me, engine work is easier... so I would rather have something that fit well and then work to make the engine meet my goals - rather than all kinds of frame mods to fit the engine that has the power but takes all of the comforts away.

know what im saying Boss?

:biggrin:A.j.

the stock gn exhaust manifolds or do I need to knotch my firewall some?

That's part of it... :wink: The stock DR side fits once you relocate the steering column with some U-joints. The PASS side header needs to have the crossover inlet flange moved as it interferes with the upper A-arm. That requires modifying the crossover pipe too. Then you either cut a notch in the PASS side firewall/floorpan for downpipe clearance or run it out the side of the fenderwell. :eek: Lot's of work involved, but worth the effort!

truck is airbagged man control got to be able to move when the truck lays out. So i got to get it up a little bit to clear the movement of the arm.

Back