s2 piston choices

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
okay im looking for what you guys are running ? im getting close to order some for my on center 153 block. they would have to be custom due to the 4.060 bore ,6.500 rods,3.625 crank.

Some pics of my stage stuff
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I been running the JE stuff for about 15 years with no magic coatings, no special anodizing, no issues. Mine have some valve reliefs and will easily clear +.750 lift cams with over .200 clearance. I would target no less than 9:1 compression and maybe even go 10:1.
AG.

Cool how much would a set run me ? I know mike at full throttle quoted me around 1k for pistons and rings

I think mine were right around $900-960 pistons and pins, don't think rings came with them.

For reference, these are mine. My engine builder decided to put lateral gas ports in. Rings are low tension metric. Plenty of street driving and no issues with oil consumption or blowby under boost.
These are also for a 6.5 rod but 3.59 stroke. They are actually in the hole about .020 and could be used on a 3.625 stroke.
AG.

Attachments

• Buick (375).jpg
    Buick (375).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 183
  • Buick (376).jpg
    Buick (376).jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Buick (379).jpg
    Buick (379).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:
I have a 3.625 stroke with 6.500 rods . I need to double check my deck height to make sure this will work .

I heard that someone that left JE started CP. They make a great piston also.

I have a 3.625 stroke with 6.500 rods . I need to double check my deck height to make sure this will work .

Chris double check the deck height. I know from my last couple of engines both of which have 6.500" rods that the stack up can be a problem. My two engines have 3.580" and 3.590" strokes respectively not 3.625 ". Since your block hasn't been used / rebuilt as many times as the ones I have it might just work.

Neal

Last edited:
Yes I will double check for sure I know the block has never been ran so I'm hoping it will be stock Dh

Dug up this picture from the last time I did a cam swap. This is with .720 lift cam. Basically showing that with the proper valve reliefs there is plenty of room.
AG.

Buick (121).JPG

off topic, but if you're asking the price range for a set of custom pistons.. "get ready"... for all the custom stuff that comes with building a stage II, stage II headed motor...

I'm going with some TA heads or GN1s kinda wana stay away from s2 heads so I do have a top end if anyone is interested