You can type here any text you want

Sad day for me

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
I am a music enthusiast and love the Beatles. A few weeks ago, I had a chance to visit the Rock and Roll hall of fame in Cleveland. While I did not have much time, I saw the acceptance speech video of Paul McCartney. I lost all respect for him.

The sad part for me is that I am even having a hard time listening to the Beatles anymore :(. I guess Paul was too busy to show up for the Beatles induction ceremony, and too childish to put their past differences aside :rolleyes:.

Here are some of the videos that changed my mind.
Beatles Acceptance Speech | The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
Paul McCartney accepts Induction 1999 | The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum

Thinking about archiving all his **** music I have for now. What an @@@ :eek:

this was his personality from the beginning wasn't Idk I'm not that old. But from the jokes I've heard growing up about this guy (this video being the first I've seen of him speaking outside of music), seem to line up with what i'm watching in the video. id rather see this kind of speech then to see metallica members CRYING on TV because their late to dance practice. Only to follow up with life coaches and counseling sessions.

just my 2cents

I read in an article a few years back Paul held a party and made the guests pay for their drinks. Certainly made me think less of him.

There is not one single Beatle song that I have ever downloaded. I will never understand what the hype is and I like plenty of music from that era. They sound like a bounch of whiny kids.:rolleyes:

There is not one single Beatle song that I have ever downloaded. I will never understand what the hype is and I like plenty of music from that era. They sound like a bounch of whiny kids.:rolleyes:

I agree.. It was all MEDIA HYPE!.. The MEDIA made them a big deal when they arrived here, when they went on Ed Sullivan show, on & on it was beatle OVERLOAD!.. Now you never hear there songs on radio THANK GOD!

i never quite understood Beetle mania- they were ok for the time, but not great in the grander scheme of things.

as for the personality of Sir Paul McCartney- he has been isolated from the real world for almost 50 years, so he knows nothing of real life. he lives in a bubble full of celebrities and probably hasn't just hung out with regular people for most of his adult life.
if you like his music, then listen to it and enjoy it. that's all that matters.
that's the way i look at the music i like- i'm a huge Metallica fan, but i don't think i could spend more than 5 minutes in a room with Lars Ulrich before i wanted to strangle him. i also love Megadeth- but Dave Mustaine seems like the kind of person that i just hate being around.

I seem to remember this little publicity stunt that involved Sir Paul and GM.

On display will be a special Cadillac CTS Sport owned by former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney and his wife Heather. The car, which will be sold during Barrett-Jackson's Palm Beach event in April 2006, was specifically designed for the McCartneys by GM. Their team had specific instructions that it could not contain any product made from an animal. All the proceeds of the car's sale in Palm Beach will go to Adopt-A-Minefield, which raises money for minefield clearance and survivor assistance in conjunction with the United Nations. Heather McCartney has long been a passionate supporter of the group. Additional information about this cause is available at Adopt-A-Minefield - Landmine Clearance & Support.

I think he literally "owned" the car for like 5 minutes and then it went to auction. The proceeds did go for a good cause BTW.

They were way before my time, but watching old films of their concerts and all the screaming girls reminds of the boy bands of the last 20 years. Just sayin'

. . . . . that's the way i look at the music i like- i'm a huge Metallica fan, but i don't think i could spend more than 5 minutes in a room with Lars Ulrich before i wanted to strangle him. . . . .

Could not believe Metallica was inducted to the HOF.
Nothing against them, just saying, I was surprised.

I am FAAAR from a Beatle maniac, just like(d) their music. HAHAHAA! :D

I asked why SRV is not in the hall . . . well, that is another thread. ;)

I separate all Stars, and Muscians, Actors personal BS. etc. from their craft.

Excepting real terrorist supporters like Cat Stevens, his actions are inexcusable. :mad:

I still listen to Linda Ronstadt because her voice is/was beautiful and her being a lying lefty moonbat doesn't bother me because I don't listen to that BS unless I'm a captive audience. :p

The Beatles ruled in their day and their music transcends generations, however, most new pop and rock music is best done by young people.

Anyone who can still sing and perform I say keep performing however.

Those that can't should retire or move on to directing, producing, backing $$ etc.

Just my .02 and I like a variety of music. :cool:

Could not believe Metallica was inducted to the HOF.
Nothing against them, just saying, I was surprised.

I am FAAAR from a Beatle maniac, just like(d) their music. HAHAHAA! :D

I asked why SRV is not in the hall . . . well, that is another thread. ;)
I really like a lot of metallica songs but cant stand just as many. too many bang ur head till ur brains seep thru ur ears songs. HOF is a real stretch imo but watevr

I would say half the people in the RRHOF don't belong there. List of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Reads more like a list of MoTown hall of fame to me. No offense but MoTown isn't rock and roll. Aretha Franklin?? Smokey Robinson??? PLEASE!

Have always been a Beatle fan and remember watching their debut on the Ed Sullivan show. Most artists are wankers and to me like mentioned already, it is the music. Pretty much ALL the rock bands in history owe their existance to the Beatles.

Those two videos, thought Ringo was more of a jerk than Paul in the other video. Was probably under the influence. THe other video, Paul came across as a real goof but his daughter was more annoying, especially that dumb shirt she had on. Bear in mind that video was from 11 years ago.

I am a music enthusiast and love the Beatles. A few weeks ago, I had a chance to visit the Rock and Roll hall of fame in Cleveland. While I did not have much time, I saw the acceptance speech video of Paul McCartney. I lost all respect for him.

The sad part for me is that I am even having a hard time listening to the Beatles anymore :(. I guess Paul was too busy to show up for the Beatles induction ceremony, and too childish to put their past differences aside :rolleyes:.

Here are some of the videos that changed my mind.
Beatles Acceptance Speech | The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
Paul McCartney accepts Induction 1999 | The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum

Thinking about archiving all his **** music I have for now. What an @@@ :eek:

I'll tell you, Jerryl, I agree with you....sadly. In the past years, it has looked to me that Paul is getting just a little too full of himself. In a rediculous kind of way.

It doesn't, in any way, influence my love for the Beatles.....their music is still played and enjoyed today...timeless.....they were true musical people who put their separate crafts together to come out as a unique, different sound. One of a kind.

But, I don't limit myself to one type of music...a true musician listens to ALL kinds of music....not just rock and roll. The combination of years and years of different types of sounds and music greatly influences the outcome of my playing ability.

The Ventures....my No. 1 group...why? Driving electric guitars!! Wow! Creedence Clearwater Revival....just great....that driving swamp, get moving sound...what a guitar player, that John Fogarty! All on simple chord arraingements, but it's how he structured the song and words, with the sound. With that Les Paul Custom and Kustom Amplifiers. If you can't get moving during a Creedence song, you're actually dead!

The Rolling Stones, wow, "Satisfaction"! When I first heard that one in '64 I about died. I saw them in person on their first visit to the US. Man, they sounded just like the record!!! First time I ever saw a lead singer come out in a white undershirt and take it off, throw it into the crowd! A big thing with me, as my group always dressed in suits, ties, Beatle Boots.

Then, how about Glenn Miller? I LOVE his arraingements! The way he put his trombone into those swinging sounds!!What a sound he had. Just great....big band music. Would have loved to hear him in person. (I wasn't even born then) His song, "In the Mood" was the first song I ever picked out on piano.

Toni Mattola, George Benson, Tal Farlow, Charlie Byrd, Hank Garland, Howard Roberts, Muddy Waters, Freddie King, BB King, Charlie Christan, Les Paul, Eric Clapton, Duane Allman, Dickie Betts, Jimi Hendrix....and I can name more of these guys....just fantastic, different guitar players, each with his own style. Really influenced me!!Their style is so catchy. But note I've named jazz players with rock players, with blues players....get my drift?

Then there's the Hollies, The Lovin Spoonfull, Dave Clark Five, Paul Revere and the Raiders, The Animals.....all great groups, all so different. All sound different.

Then, there's Buddy Holley, Elvis, Johnny Cash, etc. all great musicians in their own unique way.

Forget about Paul and his arrogance....just forget that.... getting that big and worshipped that way a lot of people do is just crap.......just listen to their old songs....take the song apart and focus on just one instrument per playing....see how that person structures the sound with their own style? It took four parts to make a whole. This is how I always listen to songs....I take them apart one by one and focus ONLY on that one part, be it bass lines, rythmn lines, lead lines keyboards or drums. It's only then can you appreciate the core of that group playing that song, you'll learn what made it so unique. The Beatles were NOT hype....they were a sensation with a sound NEVER heard before. And I've never heard any like them since.

That's what makes a musical group so great....coming up with a SOUND combination that no one has heard before. It applies to ALL of the groups above.

So, I, being a retired professional guitar player, appreciate all the types of music today. (except RAP and HIP HOP. That crap makes no sense to me at all, and it's really pure stupidity)

Recently, just by watching "Treme" on HBO, I couldn't believe all the great jazz musicians that were just ripping out just great stuff down in New Orelans!!! I was blown away. Where have I been!? What a great sound, all that rocking jazz....just drove me up a wall in a very positive way!!! So, I immediately started to change my style of music to jazz....it even impressed my wife, she loves it! All of it is original on my part, I play no particular song, just what I feel. Just being original. Man, all of this by NOT limiting my scope of the music out there. (except RAP) Never know what you'll hear next. Some of it great, some of it trash.

In case you're wondering....I auditioned for Paul Revere and the Raiders for lead guitar....and.....I've got a beautiful rejection letter from Paul Revere himself..I also auditioned for Tommy James and the Shondells....you guessed it....a lovely rejection letter from Tommy. The Ventures even accepted a recording from me in person to consider for their next record, Bob Bogle took it from me himself.

Nope.......they didn't record it.

At least I tried, that's what counts.

And don't take what I said as bragging.....I was just saying I tried real hard to make my living as a guitar player in a big way and I failed. So, it was a long, hard road, but the satisfaction was in trying. So, now I just play for the pure pleasure of it.

Remember....MUSIC IS IN THE EAR OF THE BEHOLDER.

Better quit, I'm running out of megabites!!!!:eek:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Back