You can type here any text you want

Savitske shocks and springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
.........I spoke to Mark Savitske and he strongly recommends shocks and springs developed by his company:

Thank you much.

Of course he would "recommend using his parts"? ;)

I do not have experience with those parts, but over the years for a street or strip GN I use Moog replacement springs and KYB shocks which gives a good ride like when new as well as good handling

Actually I use this same stuff on my race car except 50/50 drag shocks in the rear.

He is pretty well known and respected in suspension world. I have KYBs on now and think the ride is too harsh.

He also sells other brands on his site, but recommends Varishock.

KYB and Monroe Sensatrak shocks are very close to the factory installed gas shock.

If you feel KYB shocks are harsh, I would think the Varishock would be even more harsh?

their not harsh at all. had the Varishocks on my last TR. their some of the best suspension products u can buy with a lot of adjustments. KYB are junk imo. the Varishocks are WAY overkill for a basic street car.

KYB and Monroe Sensatrak shocks are very close to the factory installed gas shock.

If you feel KYB shocks are harsh, I would think the Varishock would be even more harsh?

Wow. A lot of different opinions . I recently installed kyb's on all four corners and really like the way it feels. My friend at the buick dealer says they are very similar to what it came with from the factory.

I guess two each his own but I'm not sure why anyone wud want their car to ride on shocks that are from a 30 yr old Buick Regal wen there are far better options out there for pretty cheap

Wow. A lot of different opinions . I recently installed kyb's on all four corners and really like the way it feels. My friend at the buick dealer says they are very similar to what it came with from the factory.

Gnbrett

I think you are being *way* too literal in interpreting my statement. No , the shocks are not the *same* as OEM. They are similar. Made of better materials. They are basically pretty damn close to bilsteins, but a hell of a lot cheaper.
In 1987, I did get a chance to drive a brand new GN . My wife and myself were looking to purchase a new car, but it was a little to pricey for me at the time. It did like the way it drove, though.

Last edited:
My buddy runs the service counter at a local Buick dealership. He told me that if you go in there and ask for shocks for GN they will sell you bilsteins or kyb's . I'm not the shock expert by any means, but since I don't know a whole lot about them I believed him. To be honest, I haven't been disappointed. But I haven't tried bilsteins,either.

I get wat ur saying but again still far better options for pretty cheap these days. even a set of QA1's are pretty cheap and far better then KYB's

Gnbrett

I think you are being *way* too literal in interpreting my statement. No , the shocks are not the *same* as OEM. They are similar. Made of better materials. They are basically pretty damn close to bilsteins, but a hell of a lot cheaper.
In 1987, I did get a chance to drive a brand new GN . My wife and myself were looking to purchase a new car, but it was a little to pricey for me at the time. It did like the way it drove, though.

LIVE4RDO....

We have Many Many customers very happy with RideTech shocks that carry a Million mile warranty. Ask what kind of warranty comes with those shocks! ;)

You want a great riding shock that bolts on just like the factory shock? We sell RideTech smooth body RQ shocks and they will put most factory replacement shocks to shame when it comes to ride quality.... $125.00 ea. x 4 = $500.00 - 10% member discount = $450.00 ;)

RQ Smoothbody.jpg

KYBs are junk. Way too fast pushing outward (whatever that is called) Hit a bump on a turn and the car bounces out 3 Feet.
BTW i was a 20 plus year KYB user, in every car i owned.

Thanks Scott. What do you have for springs?
You can use your stock springs with those shocks OR we offer the DSE 2" drop springs that will also work great! Then the next step up is the Ridetech single adjustable coil overs and then you can dial in your ride height right where you want it...

Back