You can type here any text you want

Saw a Typhoon beating up on an Integra

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cool 84

Got hotair?
I'm in Huntington Beach this weekend, sitting at a redlight last night. I hear the horrible sound of a loud 4-banger exhaust at WOT and don't really look in it's direction because they're pretty common. As it's getting ready to pass through the intersection, I hear a whoosh and see a Typhoon go flying through with the Integra a ways back. It was kind of a cool sight because I never see Typhoons on the street much less in the middle of a race. I have to wonder if the driver of the Integra knew what he was messing with or thought he lost to an old Blazer.

Yep, those things are hard to come by. I have seen 1 on the road since thier inception.

So what do you think? Do ricer people think thier car can beat anyting? Does anyone research anything?

i know what you mean....i have never seen one on the street until this week!!! :D Going down Lakewood Blvd. last tuesday or wednesday around 7am....look in the rearview mirror and all I see is a big black GMC frontal and bright fog lights in the spoiler....so I get over into the slow lane and slow down for him to catch up. Light turns red and we are first in line, me and the passenger had a short convo and exchanged complements (said he has a limited TR)... VERY nice typhoon....had some nice black powdercoated vette wheels with the polished lips...i really liked the truck.

I dont think Ill ever have a beautiful ty/sy or even a TR pull along side me like that again....

BTW....who knows....maybe it was the same truck....HB isnt too far from here....;)

i see typhoons and syclones all the time, its nothing unusual to see one every week, not the same ones either.

i never get to see a gn on the road, i think i've seen 5 other than mine on the road....

spend a week in hawaii and see like 10 there.

"i see sy/ty's all of the time"

i wish i could say the same. i think theres 1 white tyhoon out here and every now and then i see a syclone. theres about 2-5 GN's around here and now there is 1 turbo-t limited. they're all rare. but it depends on where you live i guess when it comes to how often you see them.

Usually they don't have a clue what hit 'em. The people that know what they are though won't even line up against them. Wich makes it hard to find a fun run because those are the people that have the fast cars.I see Sy's and Ty's here all the time, I just wish I could see more TR's and GN's here ;)

I have been asked so many strange things, "Is that an old Xtreme?" or "That one of those trucks with the V8?" and so on. Kind of funny.....

I love the looks I get in mine!Here is a pic of mine for those who don't get to see them very often
P7120001.JPG

Brian

I have had 13 syclone/typhoons in my driveway at once. GRIN.

Get to look at one under a cover daily. Last two years it has seen 100% pushing power.

So I bought a Buick to be a daily... It has seen very little driving duty lately also.

Time to get to work I guess.

When my ty did run, I drove it daily. Is amazing how many people don't give you second look. Most of the time I had to egg people on to race. On the street from a stop very few cars come close.

I wish I'd see that many TR's and Ty/Sy's around here.....very rare to see either. :(

Originally posted by MotorMouth
Thanks!

This is the most I have ever seen at one time. This is from last month here at a local cruz.....

group1.jpg

Nice truck, You just better hope it doesn't rain.....doh!

Sys and Tys are somewhat rare here too. I knew what they were the first time I saw one. There was so much publicity about them how could I not? While I do NOT like SUVs, I would buy a Sy/Ty. As Brian showed us, they can be nice and sinister looking too.

Originally posted by tonydee64
Nice truck, You just better hope it doesn't rain.....doh!

Yeah, she is a garage queen for the most part. The paint is origional (see non clear coat) so damn near every time it gose out in the sun I have to wax it:mad:

In San Diego

I never see Typhoon's or Syclone's. I have seen more turbo Buicks, and even that is a rare occurance. Almost as rare as seeing a Turbo TA!!

Looks like this turned into "how many Sy/Ty's have you seen" thread. Well let me add:
I was in Santa Cruz today and there is a black Typhoon that is always out in the elements. I also got a chance to see a Syclone here in town one time, playing with a TA about 2-3 months ago. Kinda funny, after the first stoplight the TA didn't seem to want to play anymore.
Besides car shows the only other one I seen was a rough sy in Benicia that was for sale for cheap. I passed as it wasn't what I neede and figured it would need major repairs soon enough.;)

I forgot some... One street over from my house there was a guy with a red/silver TY that seemed to need some repairs and a few missing fairings, he moved though so never got to talk to him. There were two others in town that I haven't seen for awhile, one was a turqoise TY and another was a white one with nice rims. I guess when you really think about it you can remeber seeing a few.

Vacaville... cool... I drove from Indianapolis to Vacaville , and back to buy my Corvette...

cool, what year? Private party or from the Corvette shop/dealer here in town? There was a very nice black cherry '69 a few months ago for sale at the Home Depot.
Must have been a hell of a drive. Drove to Ohio once myself

Originally posted by olds443
cool, what year? Private party or from the Corvette shop/dealer here in town? There was a very nice black cherry '69 a few months ago for sale at the Home Depot.
Must have been a hell of a drive. Drove to Ohio once myself

I actually drove out there to buy a 1991 Corvette without a motor but it did have the trans and everything else (in pieces). The owner was a captain in the Air Force. The reason I drove out there is I got a GREAT deal as the owner had just bought a complete exotic muscle suspension as well as many other new parts...Now it has a supercharged 532" BBC....under the stock hood (two years later)....

Sy/Ty are rare around here while i do see about 6 or 7 GNs but no other 84-85 GNs like mine. I did get beside a Syclone on the street once it was beutiful, he had me off the launch from a stop light but i cought kinda quick on top, the driver was a really nice guy we later stopped off to talk. i also did see a Typhoon that was a custom two tone pearl white and a metalic blue it was sweet looking.

Back