You can type here any text you want

scan tools...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boosted

whats the best scan tool for the hot air car...ive got the turbo link.. i know about the 86-87 conversion....would like to know if theres anything else out there yet?....and i dont really like the turbolink cuz i cant watch it while driving down the road like i can my scanmaster in my 87...regrettably ive put my 84 on the back burner since i got my 87. but now im really enjoying driving it...i cant wait to get it back to the track and start tuning it...gotta see if i can beat my previous time of 8.81@ 81mph...with no tune..the only pass it made..since i had it...oh well....any info would be helpful..
thanks...wes

until you put an 87 ecm in that's about all you can do.

OTC 4000

I know a guy who is using the OTC4000 and still has the "stock" '85 ecm. I'm pretty sure that these scantools come with data for both Hotair and IC cars. By the way, this guy is running 11's and really knows how to tune.

yeah the general consensus is to convert to the 86-7 ecm and get a scanmaster....which would be helpful to keep an eye
on things while under the full boost passes on interstate :D ..

I agree with the others.....

Change the car over to the 87 "stuff" and put in a Scanmaster 2.1....I daily drive my car, and use my scanmaster just about everyday to check coolent and all that.

It is easier to use because you don't have to deal with booting up a laptop, or taking your eyes off the road to see what is going on!

These cars are WAY to hard to drive blind! (with no scantool)

I USE A OTC 4000E ON MY STOCK ECM 85' GN. IT TELLS TOU EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW.I HAVE SEEN GOOD DEALS ON THEM ON EBAY, JUST DO A SEARCH ON ''OTC'', AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THEM.EVEN THE REG. 4000 IS VERY GOOD,AND YOU MIGHT EVEN GET BY WITH THE 2000.

Back