You can type here any text you want

Scanmaster Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

278cikiller

Scanmaster was showing a code for the TPS , so i change it for a new one set the TPS with a volt meter and it looks good at.42 and holding, put the scanmaster over to the TPS setting and the numbers are going all over the place and won't stay at .42, every other function on the scanmaster works fine but the TPS, Could these be the ECM is bad or the scanmaster taken a sh!t?

scanmaster just displays what the ECM is sending. If the other data looks good, the its likely the ECM, TPS, or wiring is the issue.

see what happens when the TPS is unplugged.

also look for corrosion in the ECM connector, and chafing or other issues on the wiring harness on the engine.

Bob

Bob when i un plug the TPS it still jumps around., This is a 82 regal with a 87 wiring harness wire in to it, The so called friend wired it in for me and really didn't know what he was doing.

Check grounds on the back of the head as well. You also have a ground above the ECM on the dash

As stated in our PM, this ECM was positively known good prior to me sending it to you back in December. But, again, anything is possible when shipping parts.

I sent you another PM with info from another company that deals with these type of ECMs for my TPI car. He suggests reinstalling the ecm and check the harness connection at the ECM as well as tps.

When you unplug the tps and its still jumping around, what numbers is it showing?

Back