Scanmaster Temp reading ????

griffgoody

I finally got a reading on a T-Type I bought. Been stored for about 7 to 8 yrs. After about 7 - 10 min of running. The temp reads between -10 to -01. What does this mean. Never saw temps that reads negative numbers. Hope this is a simple fix. Good News Plz. Haha

Where did you store it in a freezer? You have to give it time to defrost. Seriously I have no idea.

Where did you store it in a freezer? You have to give it time to defrost. Seriously I have no idea.
Haha. was thinking tha same thing about this car. It was stored in a garage. But never seen this. Hook tha scanmaster back up to my GN. Works fine. Dunno.

the scanmaster reads the data from the ECU, so the ecu is getting bad data. Check the wiring and connection at the sensor.

Bob

the scanmaster reads the data from the ECU, so the ecu is getting bad data. Check the wiring and connection at the sensor.

Bob
Hey Bob,
I got some readings. Just not tha temp. My Int was 128 / Af 09 / Ats 98 / Tps 52 / Bl 128 / O2 742-750 / Lb 29-30. Forgot what tha Iac was. I think it was 21. But I think that is wrong. I sent TT chip off today to get reprogrammed for mods that I was told that was on the car. I changed the O2 out 2day and but my MAF from my GN on it just to let it run. I was having a problem with it fouling out plugs (2 sets). I just let it run for about 10m. Since I couldn't see tha Temp. I just cut it off. But it sounded good. Rev'd / spooled up good. At idle, it sounded good. Running rich. Had white smoke coming out of tailpipes.

White smoke doesn't sound good! Is the engine running smooth while the white smoke is coming out? Sounds like one or more cylinders have became air compressors instead of combustion chambers. Maybe you have clogged injectors from the car sitting or you have fouled more plugs. The plugs would explain the rich condition.

White smoke doesn't sound good! Is the engine running smooth while the white smoke is coming out? Sounds like one or more cylinders have became air compressors instead of combustion chambers. Maybe you have clogged injectors from the car sitting or you have fouled more plugs. The plugs would explain the rich condition.
The car runs smooth. I'm gonna take it slow and replace water pump and all hoses. There is oil in the turbo. That might be where the smoke is coming from. Just hope there's nothing wrong with it. Gonna take it off and inspect it when I have time. But it spools good. I just replaced the inj with 50#. Sent TT chip off to get reprogrammed for this setup. Thinking about getting another MAF Unit. Just to be on the safe side.

I finally got a reading on a T-Type I bought. Been stored for about 7 to 8 yrs. After about 7 - 10 min of running. The temp reads between -10 to -01. What does this mean. Never saw temps that reads negative numbers. Hope this is a simple fix. Good News Plz. Haha[/quotenot sure about the scan master ... but if the temp sensor goes i believe it shows negative and acts likes its in negative degree weather... aka like he choke is on......