You can type here any text you want

Scared of my brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brocks GN

I just bought an 86 GN 56K miles on it. I have been readin this message board for awhile and hear all the horrior stories about powermasters failing. I am actually scared to use the brakes, I try to just coast to stop lights using as little brake as possible. Should I not be that paranoid? Also every time I hit the brakes I hear the pump go on for a bit, Is that ok? Should I just go to vaccum brakes and forget about it?

I was like that when I first bought my GN, went to stop pedal went to the floor brake light lit in the dash, changed the accumulator everything was fine for a month or so, then brake light lit in the dash again, this time it was the brake switch, changed that too then a month later decided I wanted peace of mind and converted to vacuum brakes, no more power master horrors to worry about. I would convert it over to vacuum brakes and be done with it, just my $2cents

Yeah, your brake light lighting up on the dash or flickering on/off, brake pedal feel or travel, they are some signs of the powermaster acting up.

Back