You can type here any text you want

School Tardy Policy

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Guys guys guys, your missing the point. This is not about me. What I am saying is does it make sense to have detentions for only tardiness while there is nothing for not coming at all? Kids will be missing WHOLE days of school to avoid detentions. Just like I did. I don't care about myself, I can handle the extra work, I am actually pissed I missed a day of school. But a detention for 5 Minutes late? Ridiculous

Dude, sorry but that's just the way it is. Don't try and be a martyr or show them how wrong they are and that you're not going to take it. You will make yourself "marked". Just go with it and don't be late or absent if you can help it. Be a good student and study diligently, you'll be a better man for it one day. I agree things just don't seem fair but you don't know the whole picture either (why it was set up that way). Good luck...and stay in school.

Guys guys guys, your missing the point. This is not about me. What I am saying is does it make sense to have detentions for only tardiness while there is nothing for not coming at all? Kids will be missing WHOLE days of school to avoid detentions. Just like I did. I don't care about myself, I can handle the extra work, I am actually pissed I missed a day of school. But a detention for 5 Minutes late? Ridiculous

Perhaps the rule is odd, or too harsh for a first time offense. But it is what it is. In my world the consequences of detention didn't even compare to those of skipping. I would not even consider skipping. Ever.

Things have changed.....

Perhaps the rule is odd, or too harsh for a first time offense. But it is what it is. In my world the consequences of detention didn't even compare to those of skipping. I would not even consider skipping. Ever.

Things have changed.....

Thats what I mean. How does the rule help anything?

Thats what I mean. How does the rule help anything?

I suspect that you can only miss so many days before you have more problems, correct? Can't play that card but so many times...

I see where you are coming from. Sounds like you are a great kid. I didn't mean to be ugly with my post. You are going to face many things in life that don't make sense at the time.

Look on the bright side at least it is not a Saturday detention or an iss :biggrin:. I spent my fair share of time in these:mad:!

I suspect that you can only miss so many days before you have more problems, correct? Can't play that card but so many times...

I see where you are coming from. Sounds like you are a great kid. I didn't mean to be ugly with my post. You are going to face many things in life that don't make sense at the time.

Actually after 15 days of a missed class, you no longer receive credit for it. I am far from that luckily! But other than that, nothing. No detention, no suspension.. nothing

I'm just glad I graduated HS when I did. My Senior year I missed something stupid like 54 days!:eek: In my defense I always made up my work and still graduated with just over a 3.0 GPA. Today, they would probably be throwing me in jail, expelling me from school, or I think they can take away your license as well in some states.

I'm just glad I graduated HS when I did. My Senior year I missed something stupid like 54 days!:eek: In my defense I always made up my work and still graduated with just over a 3.0 GPA. Today, they would probably be throwing me in jail, expelling me from school, or I think they can take away your license as well in some states.

You would not get credit for any of the classes you took in my school.. I don't think the rules are too harsh. Just very unbalanced. Very nice GPA! I myself have a 3.95 at the moment.. Did pretty bad on my Geometry midterm.. :frown:

Actually after 15 days of a missed class, you no longer receive credit for it. I am far from that luckily! But other than that, nothing. No detention, no suspension.. nothing

try telling them about the iphone alarm problem and see if that helps... and if all that doesnt work just gotta bite the bullet and walk into that detention room with your head held high and laugh.

(it helped me..:redface:)

try telling them about the iphone alarm problem and see if that helps... and if all that doesnt work just gotta bite the bullet and walk into that detention room with your head held high and laugh.

(it helped me..:redface:)

Haha sounds like a plan!

Everyone tries to be a comedian but nobody reads the OP's posts. :o

He went home, no detention, it's a "sick" day. :p

Hmmm doesn't that ruin the perfect attendance record? :biggrin:

It's a stupid rule for non-habitual offenders, but in all fairness everybody is equal under the watchful eyes of Miss Togar.

Back in the day it was 3 tardies then a detention as long as you made it to home room before the first class. :p

Walking out was the right move in MHO. :cool:

If you do end up at your first detention bring a knife with ya. :eek::p

There will be plenty of "habitual" detentioners in there, some pretty rough female types too. :eek::D

Everyone tries to be a comedian but nobody reads the OP's posts.

He went home, no detention, it's a "sick" day.

Hmmm doesn't that ruin the perfect attendance record? :biggrin:

It's a stupid rule for non-habitual offenders, but in all fairness everybody is equal under the watchful eyes of Miss Togar.

Back in the day it was 3 tardies then a detention as long as you made it to home room before the first class. :p

Walking out was the right move in MHO. :cool:

If you do end up at your first detention bring a knife with ya. :eek::p

There will be plenty of "habitual" detentioners in there, some pretty rough female types too. :eek::D

:D Speaking of those female types. Two of them on Monday beat the crap out of some poor girl. I had front row seats! Just imagine two 6'5" girls that are atleast 300lbs against a girl that cant weigh more than 100lbs soaking wet.. That was a lot of blood.. :frown: Anyways, back on topic. It does ruin the perfect attendance but so wouldn't the tardiness.'

P.S. you had so many smiles in your response that it wouldn't let me quote your reply :o

Hey everyone, It is 7:45 AM and I am pretty aggravated right now. I came in late today for school, the first time in forever. My alarm just happen to forget to go off. Anyways, when entering school I approached the attendance Kiosk in the main hall. I told them my name, and why I was absent. She pulled out a detention slip, and told me that coming in late was a detention. I told her to forget it and walked out of school. Me? I am a good student, perfect attendance except for this one time. I am not here to brag about this event that took place, but I want your opinion. Do you think it is right to give kids detentions for being late to school while there are no repercussions for not coming at all? I don't think so. How about do the opposite, that would make more sense. Any kid guaranteed would pick not coming to school over a detention if they had a choice. Am I wrong like usual? What do you guys think?

Little Miffed
NIx
I dont think ur wrong for feeling twisted at all. The kids skipping school don't get detention. There hanging out at the beach or ski slopes while ur at school and because they have irresponsible parents they get nothing.

There should be some sorta system in place that gives you a verbal warning, written warning and then formal discipline. These things stay in ur jacket and colleges that you apply to are privi to formal discipline.

Thats how it works in my Police department. We are a paramilitary organization and if it works for the PD then it can work for the school system. Verbal, written, suspension, etc....

I think its just easier for the school system to issue detention vs. having some sorta of system in place. The school just encourages kids to stay home if they are late.

I had perfect attendance in middle and high school. 900 straight days. The first and last to do it even to this day at my school. I got an award!:rolleyes: Woopie! My friends would skip school and get drunk and go to the beach. Was never late either. That was just luck tho.

Unfortunately you need to pick ur battles and one day in detention isnt a battle worth fighting. Do u have an I-Phone? They have been having alarm glitches. http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/11/07/alarm-glitch-iphone-users-scrambling/

Mine has problems going off. I make sure everything is set at night, but still get burned in the morning. Luckily, my parents get up at about the same time. So if it fails, then I have backup.. But that doesn't work when they aren't home.

I'da done the same thing you did. Spend the day vedge'n on the couch and when you get quizzed about it, tell them why you did what you did. You are smarter than the system. I wouldn't make a habit of it, though. I was never late to school but once I was there I didn't do a damn thing. My diploma looks the same as all the others. Local vo-tech schools don't pay much attention to anything else, and I didn't plan to go to harvard.

:D Speaking of those female types. Two of them on Monday beat the crap out of some poor girl. I had front row seats! Just imagine two 6'5" girls that are atleast 300lbs against a girl that cant weigh more than 100lbs soaking wet.. That was a lot of blood.. :frown: Anyways, back on topic. It does ruin the perfect attendance but so wouldn't the tardiness.'

P.S. you had so many smiles in your response that it wouldn't let me quote your reply :o

damn... i missed it...

Thats a bunch of bull!!! When i was in school there was no penalty for going to school late as lons as you were in your first period class..the the school had an answering service that called your house and said you werent in class be it cause of tardy or cause you skipped or wasnt there..They did however reward you if you missed two days or less that year you didnt have to take your final exam...

Back