You can type here any text you want

Selling stuff on Ebay sucks.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ncmalko1

#1 Eagles fan
I'd say about 25% of the people who bid on stuff pay. I don't get why someone would bid on a part, then not pay. Do they go to the grocery store and fill up there cart with food and go to the register and say, "No, I don't want this" and then walk out?

I'd say about 25% of the people who bid on stuff pay. I don't get why someone would bid on a part, then not pay. Do they go to the grocery store and fill up there cart with food and go to the register and say, "No, I don't want this" and then walk out?

--------------------------------
Regardless of the % of paying bidders, there is evidently enough money in it to support it and to support continued sales and ebay growth. Shopping at a grocery store is not a "highest bidder wins" proposition, nor is it conducted coast to coast where a person might be encouraged to buy without inspection, and there is no buying frenzy, sticker shock is immediate, not at final bid. These are some of the reasons that I can think of off hand.
Shipping is another item that can present "sticker shock".

If you think that's bad, try craigslist. I did for the first time last weekend and was surprised at how many scammers come out of the woodwork. "My grandson lives in Nigeria..." [yeah, right]

I'm a quick Ebay payer, usually the same day. But one time I used EZSniper and forgot about the auction, I had won it.

10 days later I remembered, paid the guy and left the message, "no excuses, sorry for the delay." He left me good feedback, which was nice.

ive sold lots of stuff on ebay , and usually people from here on the buick boards buy it... ive had lots of great transactions..

and ive also sold lots of stuff on here in the for sale section, and have bought alot of stuff also...

Only had one problem with a money order that never made it here from Canada, but i tracked it and it said it was delivered to my adress.. what could ya do ??...

now i only use paypal...

Yeah I sold my sheetmetal intake on ebay las week. the guy used my buy it now and its been a week still no money!

Do they go to the grocery store and fill up there cart with food and go to the register and say, "No, I don't want this" and then walk out?
You'd be surprised...when I worked at a grocery store 20 years ago this happened quite frequently....cause I'd have to go put all the crap back on the shelves....maybe they got an hour into shopping and realized they had no money :confused: Or they would have about 100 items too many for the amount of money they had..so while you're ringing it up..they say.."oh I don't want that"...it was rediculous...as if they had no clue how much things cost when they have $10 and have $100 worth of groceries in the cart...
Ignorance breeds ignorance

Back