You can type here any text you want

Sensitive....very sensetive....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Freddie's Buick

Hell No! I'm not a junior
Man I tell you guys,

The ECM is a pain in the #%&*s! All it wants is 15-BTDC. No more.....no less. I run it at 13 and it drags. Run it at 16 and she detonates like a rattlesnake at WOT. She runs fine at 15. But....you know I just want to play with it a little.

If one changes the TPS setting.....now she does'nt like that either....shhhheeeech :rolleyes:. Since she is a hybrid it's tough to figure out what specs she likes. If I increase the idle speed, then I have to re-adjust the TPS setting. Change the timing and all hell breaks loose. :eek: I'm just tinkering around to get it fine tuned to my liking. But she's still in love with Detroit. :mad:

Does anyone out there have a 4.1 with the emissions label still on it? I'd like to get the fast idle spec on the Q-Jet. My label calls for 1800 RPM's, (prior Duel-Jet). It has to be different on the Q-Jet.

freddie,from what i've heard from some guys is the fast idle does'nt have to be at the rpm on the sticker.my 84 the fast idle is about 1600 and it works fine.it's just to get the car warmed up mainly for the cold weather.i had a question for you or anybody reading this thread.i got the ccc q-jet on my car and over the last couple of days i rebuilt the carb again:eek: and when i set it up i needed to turn the needle valves out about 5 1/2 turns.i got the proper tools for the lean and rich adj. and because i got a letter stamped on my air bleed valve no further adj. are supposed to be made except for the needle valves.and thats with a dwell meter.i was wondering roughly how many turns you or anybody else need to set the dwell properly.thanks:D

What's up Mark!

I'll be quite honest with you, I've never made any attempt to re-adjust from the factory the needle valves. What I have in my manual is for the '81 4.1 Q-Jet and 3.8 Duel-Jets. It suggest 3-7/8 turns out from the bottomed position.

Oh, and by the way it does matter on the fast idle. That is the throttle adjustment, (not just for warming up). :D

you know after i posted that and thought about it your right,guess i had a brainfart.:D

Back