SES light code 32 EGR until warm

BLACKHAWK38

SES light pops on several seconds after cold start, Stays lit untill engine Reachs operating temp, CODE 32 Only<showing,

when pulling up on EGR valve diaphram during Idle, engine does stumble, indicating EGR valve is working, also can feel it pulsing at Idle.

I have taken the back metal cap off a spare EGR vacuum solenoid and see a little doll house size air cleaner, ie , vacuum vent filter, part # 25526903 ,
This filter crumbled ,

Why not just put a chunk of filter foam in there,

DO not know if that is the problem ?

Any Egr experts out THere??

Regards,

The EGR valve should not pulse at idle. It should only work when the ECM sees speed, Park/Neutral is off, TPS does not indicate idle or WOT and the turbo is not in boost (under boost, the vacuum guage will swing to pressure, therefore there is no engine vacuum for the EGR valve). It may be possible that the ECM is sensing EGR movement at idle and setting a code. You should check the EGR solenoid to make sure there isn't a vacuum signal to the EGR valve at idle.

EGR vacuum control valve

Originally posted by gofstbuick
The EGR valve should not pulse at idle. It should only work when the ECM sees speed, Park/Neutral is off, TPS does not indicate idle or WOT and the turbo is not in boost (under boost, the vacuum guage will swing to pressure, therefore there is no engine vacuum for the EGR valve). It may be possible that the ECM is sensing EGR movement at idle and setting a code. You should check the EGR solenoid to make sure there isn't a vacuum signal to the EGR valve at idle.

Thanks for your reply, I am getting a handle on this problem litlle by little
I subtituted another vaccum control solenoid valve and switch assembly,
NO SES light now, indicating I may have found the problem,
I TOOK APART BOTH units, and found that the little DOLL house size size filte is pretty much toast ,it may have been clogged,
On the hot air egr vac solenoid, there is a brass barb nipple that the filter attaches to, I put on a short piece of vac hose and clump of filer foam to make a poor boys vent filter,

I was also looking at WEED wacker gas tank pick up filters, they will work perfertly,
THis is fun, fixing something cheap for nothing out of imprevised parts.

Regards,

Where's the brass barb nipple?
I can't find the filter. I had the assembly off and in my hands yesterday... There's a square unit and a round unit connected by 2 wires. I removed the round cap...there was a silver, round part in the end of the cap that I couldn't remove.