Setting up maf trans plus with extender extreme

robzombie

Why is it that with a 3" maf and extender extreme chip that all the 3" settings say not for E E chip???

Which setting is recommended, as I'm chasing a slight rough idle and intermittent stall on throttle tip out at cruise.
Using EE param #9 enabling DFCO works, but I usually forget to put it into drive instead of leaving it in od [I drive over 55 mph 90% of the time] before it stumbles and them stalls.

I run all dips up and right now 2,8,0,0 on the knobs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the maf instruction page off the web site.

MAF BASE MAF WOT

0 3.5 LT1/LS1 MAF sensor No Change

1 3.5 LT1/LS1 MAF sensor (richer at idle) 2% Rich

2 3.5 LT1/LS1 MAF sensor (leaner at idle) 4% Rich

3 3 Caprice/Impala MAF sensor
(not for Extender Extreme)
6% Rich

4 3 Caprice/Impala MAF sensor (richer at idle)
8% Rich

5 3 Caprice/Impala MAF sensor (leaner at idle)
10% Rich

6 85mm Plastic MAF 12% Rich

7 85mm Plastic MAF (richer at idle) 14% Rich

8 85mm Plastic MAF (leaner at idle) not used

9 4 MAF with integral sensor 14% Lean

A 4 MAF with integral sensor (richer at idle) 12% Lean

B 4 MAF with integral sensor (leaner at idle) 10% Lean

C Not used 8% Lean

D Not used 6% Lean

E Not used 4% Lean

F Not used 2% Lean

try the 3" setting, and the 85mm setting and keep the one that keeps your idle and cruise BLMs the closest to 120-128

Bob

It ran good on the #8 setting but I haven't checked the BLs.

I will do that and report back.

I will say that my mileage could be better and I'm trying to get it up as I put 100 miles a day on it, and can change tune for the track when I need to.

Can you make any suggestions on how to run leaner, better mileage when DD which settings might help??

I also have your chip, but I'm sure you saw that in my sig.

8 0 0 0 to start, the MAF base setting controls all of the part throttle stuff and you choose the one that runs the best (sets the BLMs in the 120-128 range) you may need
to reset the ECM and/or drive around a bit to see what the BLMs are going to do.

when you start to modify these cars, the around-town mileage seems to suffer a bit. Some of it is due to "enthusiasm", some from stuff like a looser converter. On the highway you can keep the mileage up with careful driving and using the lean cruise feature in the chip.

Bob

Could you explain why on the underside cover that under base v6 turbo it has O thru 8 and then next to it what looks like what matches what is under the knobs for base late model/wot and base spark/wot spark?

To me it looks like there should be a fifth knob for the base v6 turbo maf settings??

That's what is confusing me as the knobs have letter and number options.

Thanks Rob.

I thought the trans+ only work with 3.5" maf ???

It's not recommended for the extender extreme chip, it will work with 3" maf on other chips from what I understand.