You can type here any text you want

Sever Engine Surges

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Azrial89

This morning on my way home from work (it was the coldest day of the year here in Tucson...38) the engine started surging and jerking with significant power loss. Car is stock with mostly all original part. I do not have a scanmaster yet... Quite a bit of rich smelling smoke on startup. I know I don't have much info with out a scanmaster, but does anyone have any insight? Please help.

Thanks in advance

Sounds like your MAF may have taken a dump.

I dont mean to Hi-jack your thread Azrial89....
If the MAF sensor is shot would it typically throw a MALF code? and/or have the SES light come on?
I seem to have the same symptoms as Azrial89 does, I had my TL connected at the time this problem occured but never showed a problem, too slow of a refresh rate:mad:

If it's still connected but providing a bogus signal no.

You guys are the best, I had been chasing that engine surge problem for quite sometime. Never thought it would be the MAF, since no malf. code and nothing unusual on the TurboLink. Hope the advice has helped out the OP. Thanks again everyone, great group of knowledgable members on this site.

Back