You can type here any text you want

Shakedown passes in Turbo Mustang

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dusty Bradford

Here are a couple vids from last night. Tuning and driving for a friend out of Nashville TN. He cranked the car last week and we made the 1st passes in the car last night. We were very pleased by what it ran in only 3 passes. I was hoping for 5.4's on the 1st night but 3rd pass was a 5.24 at 138mph. I had a 5.teen tune-up in it for the next pass but they were going to make us wait until the bracket racing was done for the night. With temps falling quick we just decided to call it a night.

It's a 347ci Ford with an old Y2k 91mm turbo. Glide, one of my PTC converters, FAST XFI, AMS 1000. It was my 1st time back on a slick in many years. Definately a different tuning approach from the hit and take's a little getting used to the back end moving on the top end of the track.

1st pass. AMS is triggered by a TPS output in FAST so I was having to set the AMS flowing pressure in the burnout box. Very soft leave. 1.48 60' with only 15psi down track
YouTube - S and G Motorsports First Pass 99 Mustang 1st pass

2nd pass. Raised 2 step rpm by 200. 2 more psi on the launch. 18psi down track. Still idling in and then going WOT so I can get the tune up right from idle to the launch rpm.
YouTube - S and G Motorsports 2nd Pass 99 Mustang 2nd pass

3rd pass. 2more psi on launch and 23psi down track. Tune was good from idle to launch so I used the 3 step to stage the car.

YouTube - S and G Motorsports 3rd Pass 99 Mustang

Another view of the 5.24 pass. It picked the left tire up about 40 feet out and carried it a ways.
YouTube - DSCN1552.AVI

Nice Dusty, that is hauling the mail for a new combination on only the 3rd hit! What do you expect the car to run when it is fully sorted out??

Thanks for sharing.:cool:

Not many people have ran the y2k stuff in a single application so I have no idea what it's capable of. I know this 91mm has been 5.19 at 141 in another car. I feel this car would have went a mid teen on the next pass if the track was still decent. I think it may possibly run 5.0's. Even though this is a 91mm, it still won't make the power of something like a pro-mod 88.

Not many people have ran the y2k stuff in a single application so I have no idea what it's capable of. I know this 91mm has been 5.19 at 141 in another car. I feel this car would have went a mid teen on the next pass if the track was still decent. I think it may possibly run 5.0's. Even though this is a 91mm, it still won't make the power of something like a pro-mod 88.

Yeah I would think the Pro-mod 88 would be the ticket for a SB car like this and maybe put some Hoosier 275 DRs on her and let it eat in X275!

i ran a 4.99 with the bw 88 last year in 275

Our local series is mid frame only. Y2K, GT-55 based (same thing as a Pro-mod). What size turbine wheel did the BW88 have? I was thinking it's similiar to the large frame 88's.

Our local series is mid frame only. Y2K, GT-55 based (same thing as a Pro-mod). What size turbine wheel did the BW88 have? I was thinking it's similiar to the large frame 88's.

Can not remember off top of my head smaller than what is considered large frame. PM me your number i have a question for you

Back