You can type here any text you want

Shane Stack's Monte 4.88 @158mph pass!!! **Quickest Stock susp/Radial car**

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
That was really nice, I wonder what the smoke at the end was???
I can't wait for Dusty to throw down Bama Style!!!

That was really nice, I wonder what the smoke at the end was???
I can't wait for Dusty to throw down Bama Style!!!

John,

I'm also curious what the smoke at the end was, maybe Dusty knows?? Would be cool to see Shane and Dusty dominate the field in EZ with two Bad-to-the-Bone Turbo G-bodies!:biggrin: ;)

I dont know if this is the cause. But Shane does not run a vaccum pump of any sort on that motor. He has 2 breather cans , one for each valve cover. That may be the cause when he gets off the throttle and it gets a big gulp of oil thru the rings...

I like his style. The combo is very sensible $$$ "dolla" wise and they have their tune togther.

I am more facinated by the sparks that came out of the bottom of the car at launch..clutch dust ??? Like its running a liberty or other.

I dont know if this is the cause. But Shane does not run a vaccum pump of any sort on that motor. He has 2 breather cans , one for each valve cover. That may be the cause when he gets off the throttle and it gets a big gulp of oil thru the rings...

I like his style. The combo is very sensible $$$ "dolla" wise and they have their tune togther.

I am more facinated by the sparks that came out of the bottom of the car at launch..clutch dust ??? Like its running a liberty or other.

You're probably right about the smoke considering he doesn't run a vaccum pump...

It does kinda look like the sparks that come from him running a Liberty, Jericho, etc. but per that rules (Only OEM type auto or manual trans) I doubt it.. Pretty certain it's a Glide.

Believe it or not, its most likely the converter thrusting into the flywheel and the flywheel hitting the starter. Thats if hes running an automatic and converter....

Believe it or not, its most likely the converter thrusting into the flywheel and the flywheel hitting the starter. Thats if hes running an automatic and converter....

2x --> we had the same issue with sparks on the launch in our a/d q16 dragster, and after inspection it did prove that the converter was pushing forward so hard it was causing the flexplate to hit, causing the sparks only at the starting line where the most load was been put on the converter. :biggrin:

John,

I'm also curious what the smoke at the end was, maybe Dusty knows?? Would be cool to see Shane and Dusty dominate the field in EZ with two Bad-to-the-Bone Turbo G-bodies!:biggrin: ;)

Turbo let go at 4.80 into the run. Exhaust wheel exploded. He has my 106 on the car now so he could make Atlanta.

If I had to guess I'd say this is the result of the inlet restriction. We have to spin the turbo harder to make the boost. It has to have some effect on the turbo.

Sparks were most likely due to converter pushing. It's a problem we all face. You have to run enough line pressure for the tranny to work but it can cause thrust issues if your not careful how you launch the car. It's a PTC 9.5 converter and PTC glide.

Thanks for clearing that up Dusty:smile: They really should do away with the inlet restriction on the turbo cars, but I guess they are afraid that EZ street might soon be faster than Limited Street:eek: :D

Back